Ginger's kidding thread

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds like Ginger is exercising the Doe Code on ya. :p

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well guys, I figured out that what I thought was udder "boom" with Ginger wasn't. It was the way she was standing that made it look like it had grown dramatically. I feel really embarrassed about it. She has been standing with her hind legs really close together and it made her udder stick way out past her back legs. She still hasn't kidded, and no signs that she will at this moment. Still feeling her ligaments, which I should have checked at that point, but didn't, probably would have told me more. We're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and.........:barnie:he:hu

marlowmanor

Reaction score
madcow said:
Well guys, I figured out that what I thought was udder "boom" with Ginger wasn't. It was the way she was standing that made it look like it had grown dramatically. I feel really embarrassed about it. She has been standing with her hind legs really close together and it made her udder stick way out past her back legs. She still hasn't kidded, and no signs that she will at this moment. Still feeling her ligaments, which I should have checked at that point, but didn't, probably would have told me more. We're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and.........:barnie:he:hu:idunno:duc
:hugs
So you have no bred date on her? That is what is making it so hard on you. I'm kind of glad I have a due date for my girls, but of course they could go earlier or later than due dates. Hoping she gives you kids soon. :fl

daisyjack

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
she was showing off her goat cleavage to you :lol:
I have been looking at this thread everyday hoping you get babies soon

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks so much Fluffygal! Sorry for stringing you along, but just didn't have sure dates on this doe. Just checked on her for the last time tonight before turning on the baby monitor and hitting the hay myself, and she was dozing off to sleep in the balmy 42-degree temperature in the garage. Supposed to get in the mid 20s tonight. Just my luck it will be tonight at the coldest temp when she decides to kid. Thankfully I went ahead and put a heat lamp in there to keep them a little warmer, but I doubt it will make much difference, considering the garage was built in 1953 and is pretty much just boards and nails. Will bring in the radiator-type heater I have while she kids to ensure I stay warm enough to help her and for the babies, too. That should help. Meanwhile, still just waiting.....

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
How are you both doing today? Are you a goat Granny today? :fl
Yesterday was a miserable cold day. But the good news is we are supposed to have nice weather for the rest of the week. :fl

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No, not a NanaGoat yet. Checked her this evening and she has dropped even more since the other day. Saw her bow her back up once while I was watching her, but that was because I could see one of the babies was moving and it must have made her really uncpmfortable. She only did that for a few seconds and then relaxed. She is huge! Little worried about the baby(ies) on the left side because I've never seen any movement on that side. I hope I'm just worrying needlessly and everything will be okay. These things can be so unpredictable. Yeah, weather was rotten cold and windy yesterday, but it was soooo much better today and tomorrow should be good too. Ready to put some onion sets in the ground. We will still just stay in the holding pattern and see what comes our way with these babies! Thanks for checking. :p

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Sounds like she is milking it for all the attention. :p
Can't wait to see the babies when they come. :D