Ginger's kidding thread

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
2goats8kids said:
pridegoethb4thefall said:
Post # 96! ;)

Lets get to 100 so we can see them babies!! :D
You know, I am here to tell you that this trick does NOT work. Sarabi was already overdue when I hit post 100 a couple of days ago. She is now DAY 154.

Of course, I have a non-reschedule-able medical procedure tomorrow, lasting from 9 am to 1pm, leaving here at home dh and 14 year old son. Sarabi is super terrified of dh for some reason, he can't even walk into the back yard without her freaking out. Yes, yes, you know when they'll go, right?

Boy there are a lot of us in this same predicament!
That sounds like the only possible time she could go. I think I'll go check on Ginger......

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have a boomed udder, totally gone ligaments, and amber goo dripping this morning! Today is the day! Yeah, and it's our 41st aniversary today! Here's a picture of what is happening this morning:
8037_ginger_jan_22.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
this must be the most watched thread! :lol:

...and she is right on time!

So what is your guess ? I say twin (i want it to be 2 does) but gonna go with.... doe/buck :hu

eta- Happy anniversary!

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:
this must be the most watched thread! :lol:

...and she is right on time!

So what is your guess ? I say twin (i want it to be 2 does) but gonna go with.... doe/buck :hu

eta- Happy anniversary!
I'd love to have triplets, but like you, I think it will be twins. She had a buck and a doe last time, so that's what I'm thinking she'll have this time. Just checked and she's been eating her breakfast with a fervor and which is good, because she's gonna need the energy! Luckily I don't have a lot of work to do today, so I should be able to be there for the birth! I'll post with updates as they transpire! Thanks for all the well wishes! WooHoo! :woot

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary!!!! Yup...she was just waiting to celebrate this date with you so that you'd never forget what day she kidded ;)

I see now why goat people call that udder as BOOM....wow...that is quite an udder :ep

Good luck!!!!! Won't be long now :weee

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Happy anniversary indeed. Can't wait to see the little ones.