Goat 911 - State/ Country Listing of who you can call

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
This was so helpful when I first got my goats. :)
Some dear sweet woman answered the phone to me at 10pm and talked me through trying to save a sick goat. Such wonderful wonderful people.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I agree. Hopefully posting it here will lead more people to them.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
There was nothin listed for NH??? Oh well...thankfully I have a vet on the payroll!! UGGGGGGHHHH...at least it feels that way sometimes!!! :gig

Really great that people offer thier time for this!!! Thanks for sharing the info!

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Don't worry - Emmett there's no one in CT either. Looks like we can call each other! ;)

I do know of several people in my area, though - just not from this list!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There's nobody on the list in Kentucky either, which both astounds and disappoints me.

Having said that, no, I'm not signing up. :hide

It's not so much about getting phone calls at all hours, as I don't really care about that -- provided they're goat related.. It's kind of a privacy thing. There are bots that tirelessly scour the intarwebs for just such pages, grabbing all the personal information they can find to pass along to various scallywaginous types.. Marketers, for instance..

If there was even one layer of abstraction between the viewer and my personal info... Like this, for instance:

Click here for contact information

See how easy that was? I didn't write that -- it's free, right here... Shame, really. :(

themrslove

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
There are bots that tirelessly scour the intarwebs for just such pages, grabbing all the personal information they can find to pass along to various scallywaginous types..
I really like your use of scallywaginous. Lol :D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
If there was even one layer of abstraction between the viewer and my personal info...
I tend to agree with that too.

rebelINny

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. There were three in Ny state. It is a relief to know that I now have someone I can call and get help if I need it during a difficult kidding.