Goat 911 - State/ Country Listing of who you can call

fmizula

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
no listing for vermont either, does anyone know of any vets available in vermont for my goaties??

i look like crazy for resorces but it seems that im mostly on my own

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
You know what I seem to be finding is that even the vets who see goats rely more heavily on their personal experience with goats than their vet training.

So while having a vet that you can call is great...in my opinion having someone (breeder / farmer / etc) experienced in goats is almost as good (except you can't get rx's from them)

For some reason the choices for those in the upper part of New England are slim to none...but the list is updated frequently so keep checking back if you are in need of someone to call. Heck I wouldn't hesitate to call someone from another state myself.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
elevan said:
So while having a vet that you can call is great...in my opinion having someone (breeder / farmer / etc) experienced in goats is almost as good (except you can't get rx's from them)
Sometimes you can, depending on what they have handy and how generous they are.

:lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
cmjust0 said:
elevan said:
Sometimes you can, depending on what they have handy and how generous they are.

:lol:
Hmmm...I might just have to get your phone number cmjust! :lol:
You're in KY right? Not too far of a drive from central ohio ;)

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
For NH vet - Pembroke Animal Hospital is awesome with goats. I have been very impressed with them - from disbudding, to testing for weird things, to doing a goaty c-section (and one of the techs sent me home with a bottle of fresh colostrum from a goat of hers that just kidded).

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No one in Arizona. I'm not surprised.

I'd put my name down if it wasn't for that security thing...I don't want telemarketers or whoever else not goat related getting my number all the time. That and I could see getting a whole LOT of expensive, lengthy, long-distance calls... It's a nice idea though.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've considered putting myself on the list but...from the calls I get now (TSC loooves to give out my number) only about 1 out of every 4 or 5 callers is willing to actually do what you suggest.

Caller:
"My goat's actin' sorta funny. It's had diarrhea for a few days, and is laying down a lot."
Me:
"Have you taken her temp? Changed her diet? How old is she? Has she been vaccinated?"
Caller:
"Uh...she don't feel hot. I gave her some bread the other day...I got it cheap...Say, did you know you can get cheap bread at..."
Me, inturrupting:
"How old is she?"
Caller:
"Oh, my buddy gave her to me last year. She was grown then."
Me:
"Has she been vaccinated?"
Caller:
"Uh...for what?"

:duc

And I'm not willing to miss 30 minutes of my 'sit down' time to end up hearing, "Well, my neighbor says maybe if I sprinkle some Terramycin on their food they'll clear up." after I've suggested they buy some probios, or a thermometer, or consider vaccinations....

:he

Don't get me wrong, I love to help people who WANT TO LEARN when I can.
But I don't have a lot of free time as it is, I'd rather help on boards where you KNOW folks want to learn, and I can do it when it's convenient for me.

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We went ahead and signed up for Idaho, since no one is listed. Our phone number and email address is listed on our website anyway, so it's not a big deal.