Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Well, I am done with pretty much all the tractor work down there!
I WAS going to start a fire in the treed area and wander around and pick up every thing I missed!
BUT, I have a cow calving!
Guess where she is calving!
Right where you want to be!
Yep!
All cleaning up I did down there and she is in the area that is still covered with sticks and rocks?
I really want a heifer out of her, you would think my chances are high, considering what I have been getting!
But you know how things go!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it's a balmy -2 C out (28 F)...nice day to go for a little walk, except I gotta vacuum the house first!:/

Mom just told me yesterday that I had "missed" an opportunity to purchase a few Hereford pairs (3-in-1's) from a neighbor a couple weeks ago (and they sure didn't sound like culls either)! Darn it...I'll have better opportunity to get some good pairs when I'm done school, for sure!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well your mom shouldve told the neighbor to hold emm till you could look at emm.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
well your mom shouldve told the neighbor to hold emm till you could look at emm.
Yes, if she'd've told me sooner! Oh well, there'll be other dispersal sales.

Funny thing was, I think around that time one night I dreamt that she did buy me a few Hereford heifers...and they were contained on the lawn right in front of the house (by electric fence of course) until they'd settled in for some darn reason. :/ The heifers were more of the modern-type redneck Herfs, not the whiter necks of the traditional ones that I'm a bit partial to. And they were heifers too...not quite what I was looking for. At least it was just a dream.;)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well you cant beat cows calving where you can see emm.the cow dream just means your gonna buy some cows soon.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Yep!
Calfs already up and working hard to find the faucet!
I'm pretty sure it's a heifer!

I hope cow drams don't mean anything, I had a bad one years ago.
I had walked into the barn and there was a bony starving cow in the last pen. All I could think was "Oh yea, forgot about her".