Good Morning!--Chat thread

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hello everyone. i know it's afternoon, been busy doing this and that. well florida is going to have kooky weather again!!! we had rain yesterday enough to perk the grass and now they say we will have freeze again tonight for 2 to 3 hour. so there goes the grass again!!!!!!!. i guess i'll be pitch forking that hay again. you guys sure do have alot of sprirt to be dealing with your weather. hats off to ya! :bow

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer kitty I can't remember what I fed them, but whatever it was it sure made them a bit nutty. All I could hear was what sounded like a stampede of horses as they raced from one end of the house to the other and back as I typed my good morning message! And then Mocha goes "mrrooww!! Mrrrrooww!" when deeders suddenly "dissapears" from his view!

What a bunch of goof balls. At least everythings' peaceful now...until this coffee time comes around. :rolleyes: :D :p

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
thewife, no cow would get in your way!
No, but the bull that is out there having a fit would stop me from doing anythng! He found where that heifer died, he's making some god awful noises! Bulls and blood don't go well together.

I spent the night at a friends house one night. As soon as she went to bed, her 4 or 5 cats went nut's! Across the couch I was trying to sleep on, across her desk, spilling papers everywere, down the hall, slamming in to the washer, and then back to the couch to start again!
I don't think I slept that night and my friends room was at the other end of the house, she didn't hear a thing?
She had always wondered which one kept trashing her desk, I told her it was ALL of them!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i finally got back from the teachers lunchon.talked to the ag teacher for a min.an he wanted me to come by an see the new shop.an i asked him if he was still building hay rings.an if he was or could build corral panels an creep feeders.an he said they could build them.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I'm done with my latest project! I could probably pull more stumps, but we have some rain coming and if I keep working down there, the road will turn into a bigger mud hole!

Luckily Hubby got off early, yestursdays calf hadn't figured out how to eat! Mama is really not a very nice animal!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
you need a squeeze chute so you can squeeze her down.an then let the calf suck.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
We have a squeeze chute!
We got her in there,(not fun) and got the calf to suck! It just can't seem to figure out how to get the faucet in it's mouth?
Poor mama was pouring milk from all 4 quarters, the calf was just licking it off as it poured out?
I think mama is feeling better now!
I just hope we don't have to try to get her in there again!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds crazy to me! Poor momma she must be sore!

Did you pen them separate so you can keep a closer eye? Or are they where you can see them enough to be able to see whether the calf is nursing or licking?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Sounds crazy to me! Poor momma she must be sore!

Did you pen them separate so you can keep a closer eye? Or are they where you can see them enough to be able to see whether the calf is nursing or licking?
They have their own pen!

If I am not sure she's eating tomorrow, I will take baby out and try teaching again with a bottle and the couple of pints I milked out for "just in case".
Seems like I get at least one of these every year!
I usually end up standing in the barn telling them to "find the titty"!
I am so glad I don't have any neighbors to hear me!