Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
yeah its no fun having monster calves.another reason to buy a beefmaster bull.their calves hitt the ground small an grow fast.
Well, maybe some day, someone, will will come along and post some pictures of those small beefmaster babies, so I can show Hubby? (I know Kitty, don't hold my breath)

Looks like Hubby and the boy won't be having veal tonight, like I'm pretty sure they were planning too!
Unpostable named calf has figured out where and what a faucet is!
Mama was standing in the middle of the pen, daring Hubby to TRY putting her in the squeeze again!

Caught the whole herd, now I need to find the umph to go sort out the heifers I want! They are pretty tame, it should be easy, but it still sounds like work!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:weee She finally figured it out! They'll just have to find something else for supper!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
:weee She finally figured it out! They'll just have to find something else for supper!
I just hope they share what ever they do find!

Question!
If the cow calved on Thursday, the 19, would the milk I milked from her last night, have any colostrum in it to be worth freezing for future use if needed?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No. After 24 hours the milk has changed. You could freeze it down and mark it for 2nd or 3rd feedings, though.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
No. After 24 hours the milk has changed. You could freeze it down and mark it for 2nd or 3rd feedings, though.
That's a good idea, I will do that!
I'm sure the cats would love it, but I saw a mouse in my grain shed.
I worked hard to get these few pints, they don't deserve it!

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got something to complain about: Reading Week went WAY too fast! My week at home flew by too fast; darn it!!

It was supposed to snow today....but I guess if there's clear sky all day, there's not gonna be much chance of getting snow! Dunno 'bout tomorrow though...

Hockey game was not bad last night....'cept for the fact that the Oilers lost to the Flames in a shoot-out.:rant :somad 2-3!! :barnie They were supposed to win, dammit!! Hope they win the next game..:fl

Anyway, back to the grind stone for another 6-7 weeks of edumacation...oh how fun's that gonna be. :smack (I've been wanting to use that emoticon for a while :p )

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry you are where you don't want to be! :hugs One day you will be glad for that education but, I know that doesn't help now. :hugs

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Sorry you are where you don't want to be! :hugs One day you will be glad for that education but, I know that doesn't help now. :hugs
Thanks...I'll survive, its just that I can't help but feel like a caged animal when I'm in the city, with TV and internet to help aliviate the insanity I try to keep myself from getting into. ;)

At least I got this summer to look forward to: back home again, and working at the vet clinic!!:celebrate It'll be here before I know it!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Thanks...I'll survive, its just that I can't help but feel like a caged animal when I'm in the city, with TV and internet to help aliviate the insanity I try to keep myself from getting into. ;)

At least I got this summer to look forward to: back home again, and working at the vet clinic!!:celebrate It'll be here before I know it!
I would have an awful time living in the city too!