Good Morning!--Chat thread

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on a new calf thewife! (and of the new calf you got too, Kitty!)

Now I really screwed up my temperature declaration today...it is NOT warm out!! Unless you call -9 with a light snow flurry warm. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I had a nice 15 min walk just now. Even though it was slightly chilly, I didn't mind the snow at all.

Bad thing is is that where I live I can't see the Northern Lights to see how close spring is. I've heard when the Northern Lights occur it either means that winter will come in a few weeks, or spring will come in a few weeks, depending on when it comes. Of course in the North like the Yukon, Alaska, Northwest Territories and Nunavut it's a different story. ;)

For those of you who have never seen the Northern Lights before (or Aurora Borealis, in a scientific naming scheme), it is breath taking and spectacular. The pictures that National Geographic show of the Northern Lights are nothing compared to the real thing. :D

Anyway, the countdown continues: 4 weeks left until school ends! Last exam is on the 21 of April.:weee

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
kitty he wont let her have a beefmaster bull.
If he isn't home and the bull is gone before he gets there......... :rolleyes:

How many deer you got in your backyard?
None in the backyard. They don't like that old chopped off corn field. The front yard, or field across the road out front, has had 50+! Don't know where they have all come from. We haven't seen to many for months and now here all these are.

We did see and hear sandhill cranes! Darn birds are a nusience but, as they and the geese we've seen lately migrate and their back, spring must be close!

The northern lights are pretty here. We don't get the full spectrum of color but, they are still fun to watch dance in the sky.

Anyway, the countdown continues: 4 weeks left until school ends! Last exam is on the 21 of April.
WOW! It is really winding down for you. Will you be taking any summer courses or are you taking a break until fall?

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The northern lights are beautiful here too. Only thing is---when we can see them, it's WAAAAAY below 0.

Finally starting to warm up here. S'posed to get to 50 tomorrow. Hope the whole week is nice, since we have lots of cows/heifers due.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning,

I have a couple totes to work on today. A little more to the picture on it so I'm not sure if I will get both done today. It's a business logo.

Temps are suppose to get to the low 60's today! :weee :ya :bun :celebrate :woot

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Cold, wet and windy!

This mornings heifer checking was so easy, I did it in my slippers!
Hubbys headlights went down the driveway, so I'm guessing she isn't doing anything!
Hoping she doesn't need any help today, he had to park my tireless tractor in a bad spot, I don't have access to my squeeze if I need it.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tireless tractor? What's it doing without tires. They dont get much work done that way. The squeeze shoot area would be a bad place to have to park it. Hopefully, you won't need the squeeze shoot. :fl

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
morning all been out fed the goats an hens.as well as got some eggs in.have them washed an air drying now.sounds like some1 has a flat.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Tireless tractor? What's it doing without tires. They dont get much work done that way. The squeeze shoot area would be a bad place to have to park it. Hopefully, you won't need the squeeze shoot. :fl
One of my tires has been being a PIA for awhile now, the compressor and I have become best friends!
It finally went completely flat yesterday and I might have gotten gotten a lttle bit of an attitude!
It is now on it's way to get fixed!
It's going to be one expensive flat repair, when he put the tire on the tailgate of my Blazer, it shattered the back window!
Needless to say, there was a lot of attitude floating around here last night!

My squeeze area was designed by some moron who never considered that a cow might go down. I would only use it, if getting her behind a gate is impossible.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
sounds like yall had a fun tempered nite on the farm.a buddy of mine locked his keys in the truck.an his unlock code was in his billfold that was in the truck.so he called his wife to bring the extra set of keys.an on her way back home she hitt a deer.an done $2200 damage to front bumper.