Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife, you need a water hose!
No, I need umph!
2 hoses are draped all over the squeeze area in a noodle mess, from draining during the deep freeze. The third hose I would need, is over here at the house.
I can't take the third hose over there until I wash out Hubbys boat.
I did the math, buckets are less work!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Your draping hoses to drain? I hook one end over something and then slowly pull the hose in, draining it at the sametime, coiling it at my feet as I go. Drains good and they are more compact when done.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Your draping hoses to drain? I hook one end over something and then slowly pull the hose in, draining it at the sametime, coiling it at my feet as I go. Drains good and they are more compact when done.
My cheap hoses don't coil, they climb fences!
I unhook from the faucet, then slowly feed it over the side of the chute, letting it pile up on the other side. When I need it again, I just hook it up and go!
It usually doesn't become such a noodle mess, but I'm thinking when Hubby stole my third hose, he had to do some digging!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
My cheap hoses don't coil, they climb fences!
I unhook from the faucet, then slowly feed it over the side of the chute, letting it pile up on the other side. When I need it again, I just hook it up and go!
It usually doesn't become such a noodle mess, but I'm thinking when Hubby stole my third hose, he had to do some digging!
I use the more expensive rubber type coated hoses. Those cheap plastic ones don't like our cold winters and they don't last long either. It's worth the money to buy the more expensive ones.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i hated having to deal with frozen hoses.it was always a big pain to deal with.i have 200ft of hose going to the corral.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i hated having to deal with frozen hoses.it was always a big pain to deal with.i have 200ft of hose going to the corral.
Yeah, but, how long does your's stay frozen? For awhile in the morning and then thaw out later in the day?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
yes if i was lucky.an sometimes it would be a few days fore i could use them.goodthing the cows could drink from the pools.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
The sun came out!
It will probably go away as soon as I head back to the barn!
I had to bring Mr. X's baby Kubota over here to hose off the tires.
It has 3 that need air, but for some reason he has all the valves on the inside?
Won't be too bad airing up the front 2, but the back one is gonna be interesting!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Some put them on the inside so they don't get caught on brush, etc. as easily. :idunno

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i just had a big lunch.had 4 eggs .25 of a package of bacon an 4 big biscuits with jelly.now im real full.