Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

My cows are going to love me today, I'm opening a pasture! Don't really want to, but I am pretty much out of hay! Hubby found some more hay down south, he's going to get it Friday or Saturday?

Kitty, I was up a 4 too! Bruiser has started snooping around the house at night. He thinks we don't know, but you can hear them big feet clomping where ever he goes!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Went into school to help out today. The booklets that I was to put together 2 weeks ago were finally ready today-well most of them. They are booklets that the students have been working on for the Heritage Days program tomorrow. There have been kids out sick and that has delayed getting them done. They were binded with the plastic spiral binding. That was the first time I've used the machine.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
I seem to only have 1 smart c o w!
I fed some hay, let them eat for awhile, then called them to go out to pasture!
While everybody was too busy eating that old dry hay, that old c o w was the only one that knew exactly what I was up too!
She's a happy lady!

I did remember to shut the gate that keeps them out of my front yard!
Guess I should go look at some fences?

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well im moving very slowly today.esp since i cant get out an do much.but i was bad yesterday.i caught my cow up that calved.so i slipped out to find her calf.she has a cute red paint bull calf.momma puts the white spots on her babies fore heads.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i have 1 that should calve in the next 60 days or less.an 1 that should be 5 or 6 months bred.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i caught my cow up that calved.so i slipped out to find her calf.she has a cute red paint bull calf.momma puts the white spots on her babies fore heads.
I won't bother asking for pictures!

The boy and I went fence fixing! I sent him off to where I knew the fence NEEDED fixed, while I "checked" the other!
Anyway, I get half way down the field, and guess who showed up to help! Smokey!
I was planning on putting a couple of heifers in her pasture to keep them away from the bull, I guess I should do something about that fence too?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i have 1 that should calve in the next 60 days or less.an 1 that should be 5 or 6 months bred.
Nothing like spreading them out!

Did you get pics of the calf?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
wynedot55 said:
i caught my cow up that calved.so i slipped out to find her calf.she has a cute red paint bull calf.momma puts the white spots on her babies fore heads.

The boy and I went fence fixing! I sent him off to where I knew the fence NEEDED fixed, while I "checked" the other!
I was planning on putting a couple of heifers in her pasture to keep them away from the bull, I guess I should do something about that fence too?
:lol:

Maybe fixing Smokey's fence would be a good idea. Did she help much?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
wynedot55 said:

:lol:

Maybe fixing Smokey's fence would be a good idea. Did she help much?
Oh yea, big help!
She got all the other ca lves running, which got all the mama co ws running, which got the bull bucking and kicking!
And there I stood in the middle of the field wishing I hadn't burnt all the sticks in that area!