Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
When DH and I got married I became an instant aunt to nieces and nephews that were older than me. I was 20 when I became a great aunt.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
I just found out I'll be grandma for the 7th time in the fall. And they (DS #2) went off and got married last Thursday. Didn't even tell me! I knew they were planning, just thought they were waiting til summer. So we will have a wedding picnic and baby shower if the weather ever warms up.

I come from a family of 6-- in a 22 year spread. I have 5 with a 10 yr spread. BIG difference!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
I just found out I'll be grandma for the 7th time in the fall. And they (DS #2) went off and got married last Thursday. Didn't even tell me! I knew they were planning, just thought they were waiting til summer. So we will have a wedding picnic and baby shower if the weather ever warms up.

I come from a family of 6-- in a 22 year spread. I have 5 with a 10 yr spread. BIG difference!
Congratulations!

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hey everyone,

hope everyone had a good easter, it's raining today!!!!!!!!maybe we'll have grass grow!!!! i think my heifers are in heat. they are playing alot and i saw reba try to mount sara-lu. now i just need to get a bull. i have one in reach but it won;t be until next month. and since i don't know to much about cows. when do you really know??? born in nov 2007. how many times do they come in heat??oh it is a black angus if i do get the bull to borrow.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
mare-How big are they now? They are old enough but, where they were slow growing make sure they are big enough.

Here is a link to the Heat expectancy and gestation page. There is a chart that will tell you when to expect them back in heat and when you have them bred you can use it to tell when they will be due. Directions for use are under the chart.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Been working on a case for Hubby's map book this morning. Everytime I pick the darn thing up, "important" papers fall out. Can't take it any more!

I should probably get my stuff done and try to fix the mess I made on the driveway yesterday?(or not)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Good morning

Been working on a case for Hubby's map book this morning. Everytime I pick the darn thing up, "important" papers fall out. Can't take it any more!

I should probably get my stuff done and try to fix the mess I made on the driveway yesterday?(or not)
It is really hard working on something that keeps dumping important papers at you.

Go back to the quilts. :gig

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
its a cool morning here.so im in no hurry to get to work.
It was 35 when I got up this morning. I was happy to see it so warm. Expecting a high of 65 today.

Now is it so cool at your place?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
wynedot55 said:
its a cool morning here.so im in no hurry to get to work.
It was 35 when I got up this morning. I was happy to see it so warm. Expecting a high of 65 today.

Now is it so cool at your place?
WOW Kitty, your expecting higher temps than us!
I can see snow up on the hill this morning!
It's like 37 here, way too cold to be outside!

Finished the map case, need fabric to work on the quilt.