Good Morning!--Chat thread

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
My boss had a couple heifers up to calve in the pens by the clinic. Apparently, one of them had a healthy calf last night! Not sure if it's a bull or heifer yet, but I'm thinking it could be a bull calf.

Had a Red Angus bull come in to be semen tested this evening. Turned out he was a dud: broken penis. Apparently the guy had just bought him from one of his cousins and wanted to have him tested before he turned him out with the cows. Good thing he did because he'd be wondering why 99.9999% of his cows didn't get bred. :(

Not much else exciting today, except I had to spend most of the morning cleaning the boss's truck inside and out before he went up to Fawcett. Man that was fun. :rolleyes:

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
WRB, sounds like a relatively quite day at the clinic. Probably wouldn't want days on end like that but, once in a while it's nice to have a breather and you guys have been busy lately. :)

Our group of calves in the small pasture needed separating this morning. The 2 older ones are odd stage as they are bigger than the little ones and to small for the next group. There should be a group in between but with just 2 of them we had them in with the little ones. Well, they have, apparently, been pushing the little ones out of the grain when they get their bin eaten. And it's showing in the little ones. So this morning I separated them. That should solve the issue.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning every body!

Hubby finally got some news I might have known about for a few months now! His ex FIL passed awhile back, they used to be big time fishing buddies. So, his ex MIL and ex SIL's, decided to give Hubby all of his ex FIL's fishing stuff. Hubby is kinda in shock!

Kitty,
Different sized calves sure can be a pain! Smokey is half the size of the heifers I put in with her. So I rigged the door to her little shed, so just Smokey could go in and get her grain! Lately I've noticed, it's getting to be a tight fit!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Smokey must be growing!
Kittyclap.gif

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
well im up an going but no hurry todo anything.got a guy here putting in a new comode.kitty its real hard to deal with 2 oddsized calves.what are the girls doing this morning.i bet they are having fun.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The girls are watching a Tom & Jerry video and occasionally having words with/at each other.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
just as long as they dont do what tom an jerry do.that reminds me i havent turned bommerrang on this morning.an yes i love cartoons :gig