High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, you'd better like dogs when you come to my house. Trip, the Great Pyrenees jumps fences to greet visitors at the 16' gate that goes across the driveway. If they know him, they come on in. If they don't know him, they wait for us to open the gate for them. Then Trip is going to stick his nose up their butt, pee on all their tires and poop somewhere in the near vicinity of their vehicle. Welcome, dog style!

@Wehner Homestead wanna borrow him for a welcoming committee? LOL

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you come to my house, you better like animals. Or I can show you the door. :D Like most people who love animals, they are my family.

My mom is allergic (proven per testing) so I try to be patient. Lots of people bring their kids that are terrified of big dogs. :he Ummmm hello?! We typically have five dogs weighing between 35-120+#. :hu Seems like everyone wants to send the dogs out every chance they get once we come in the house. I think I’m too much of a pushover and need to figure out how to stand my ground. I’ve thought about one of those signs but don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings...

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha, you'd better like dogs when you come to my house. Trip, the Great Pyrenees jumps fences to greet visitors at the 16' gate that goes across the driveway. If they know him, they come on in. If they don't know him, they wait for us to open the gate for them. Then Trip is going to stick his nose up their butt, pee on all their tires and poop somewhere in the near vicinity of their vehicle. Welcome, dog style!

@Wehner Homestead wanna borrow him for a welcoming committee? LOL

I’d love to borrow Trip!!! I miss having a LGD so much!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My mom is allergic (proven per testing) so I try to be patient. Lots of people bring their kids that are terrified of big dogs. :he Ummmm hello?! We typically have five dogs weighing between 35-120+#. :hu Seems like everyone wants to send the dogs out every chance they get once we come in the house. I think I’m too much of a pushover and need to figure out how to stand my ground. I’ve thought about one of those signs but don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings...
When you have company and things are crazy, then a safe place to put the dogs might be best for all concerned. We have a fenced back yard, hot wired, that we have to use sometimes because of having people over. Our dogs are our family, but some people just don't get it, will never get it and it is too late to educate them. So, just put the dogs up until the brain dead leave. You know, the kind of people that brain eating zombies would pass up because their cranium is empty.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
When you have company and things are crazy, then a safe place to put the dogs might be best for all concerned. We have a fenced back yard, hot wired, that we have to use sometimes because of having people over. Our dogs are our family, but some people just don't get it, will never get it and it is too late to educate them. So, just put the dogs up until the brain dead leave. You know, the kind of people that brain eating zombies would pass up because their cranium is empty.

I have done that too. Just wish it wasn’t an issue. Glad to know I’m not the only one that deals with this though!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a real bummer when family doesn't understand that our dogs are a part of OUR family... I'll take any of my dogs over some of my human family members hands down. o_O Hope you have a great visit, safe trip, and get a good price for your kids ;)
I'll take my dogs, cat and goats over most people any day...EXCLUDING the BYH peeps. ..