Holland lop thread

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
2seth2 said:
what did you do with the first black litter?
Sold them all as pets, wish I wouldnt have though. Two keep sending me pictures and they are looking quite nice! Oh well lol. I just cant make myself like black lol.

2seth2

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
my rabbit is blaxk and i like it :lol: well blacks are good to kepp as breedes because they can breed to almost any color

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
2seth2 said:
my rabbit is blaxk and i like it :lol: well blacks are good to kepp as breedes because they can breed to almost any color
Black is the dominant color. And I love the diluted color of black, blue.

But then again home-sweet-home and others are showing how to do it with the recessive gene. Or I call it a soft gene. Chocolate and Lilac.

But then again, bunnies have their own code, and you never know what you will get when you look into that nest box when you play with color. That's the fun part. But always remember, those who are reading, that though color is fun, the rabbits conformation and health is the most important. Keeping that focus, makes awesome pets as well as stock.

K

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
As far as genetics and easiest to get good structure, I was told by a breeder friend that tort was first and black second.

I think because it is so hard to take good pictures of the black ones and we have a black one and then to get 4 black kits, I just did not want to keep any. Though if I bred my broken sable point buck (when he grows) to my black rabbit, we could get some cool colors. It would also be line breeding, because the doe comes from the same line as the buck.

There is nothing wrong at all with blacks, I just personally dont like them. I would like broken black!

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
home-sweet-home said:
wolftracks said:
I'm so glad I was finally able to login here today.

I have 2 Hollands and I'm not sure what quality they are. I'll have to post some pics soon. One I was told by the breeder has a color dq, but I liked this one. She's black but has a white marking on the nose. The bick is a tort. They were born Oct 27th, so however old that is. I'm tired and not doing numbers today.

Are there many HL breeders on this site?
There are quite a few.

A black with a white spot is a dq. Did the breeder give you the pedigrees?
I knew that was a dq. The breed told me, but I have enough solid black rabbits that I wanted something different.

I'll probably get the peds on Monday. I see him all the time at the auction near my house.

These were given to me. He asked if I wanted to start another breed and told me to pick out 2. So I did! LOL

These two have been inside since I got them, but after last night they are being taken out to the yard today. My little tort managed to get out of the cage and I found him in the kitchen chewing through the water line to my refrigerator. H ehad water in the cage, but no.........had to go there. So since I was up till wee hours of the morning taping, mopping. taping again, mopping again. I'm making myself do what I said I was going to do a week ago and get them outside.

O BYC I have a Platinum membership. I forget how few pics you get when you don't have one of those. I have 2 of my Lionheads in the Lionhead thread, just hate to have to remove those. Anyway once i have things done around here over the next couple of days, I'll try to get some decent pic. Well, decent for what my phone produces.

2seth2

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
i didnt know that membership affacted pictures

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
now that the site is new, there are no limits, but the old one only allowed you a small amount of space to save and post them. Ya mean I don't have to worry about that here???

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I use photobucket to post pictures here. I didnt even know there was a limit.

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sundae's peanuts died two days ago on day 6, but the other 3 are doing great! They are huge with massive bones. I cant wait to see how these turn out!
DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Look at these feet!
DSC_0038.jpg

Ebony had another litter on the same day. 5 kits, looks like another peanut (healthy looking one, but they all start out that way. My clue is the tiny ears which seems to be the only deformity my peanuts get.) Two are black and I thought the others were tort, but I am starting to wonder now. One is quiet silvery.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Latest posts