Holland lop thread

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
home-sweet-home said:
I felt the other does kits today. Yikes, the wait is killing me. I may have to move the buck from the colony, I am not sure how much waiting I can take lol.

I had an experienced breeder over today (to pick up a kit) and she thinks they are pg too

On another cool note. I spoke with the breeder of one of my does and she would love to buy her back, or some how line breed her. I could get pick of the litter. Or trade for another doe.

I dont think I can, cause I really like this girl (not just her amazing looks and pedigree, but as a pet, she is a snuggler!) I wonder if it would be rude to ask her if she would want to stud her buck out to her and then she get pick of the litter? I would have to put the doe in another cage after her kits are born and let her recoop and then take her out there. I just dont know that I can let her go.

She did offer to look at my buck. I was worrying that I might be taking these great does and putting them with an inferior male. (She judges shows), the other option is to buy a great buck from her and let lopsy come inside as a pet.
IMO I would take her to the ladies rabbitry and have her line breed in front of you. Then you take her home and raise the litter. When she kindles, you call the breeder and let her know how many babies she had and inform her if you have any looses. I do NOT think getting pick of the litter is worth you raising them at your place. But, if you dont know these people real well, I dont know I would trust them with my rabbit for 2.5 months. One bunny (pick of litter) is not worth what your doing for a sperm doner........

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Citylife said:
home-sweet-home said:
I felt the other does kits today. Yikes, the wait is killing me. I may have to move the buck from the colony, I am not sure how much waiting I can take lol.

I had an experienced breeder over today (to pick up a kit) and she thinks they are pg too

On another cool note. I spoke with the breeder of one of my does and she would love to buy her back, or some how line breed her. I could get pick of the litter. Or trade for another doe.

I dont think I can, cause I really like this girl (not just her amazing looks and pedigree, but as a pet, she is a snuggler!) I wonder if it would be rude to ask her if she would want to stud her buck out to her and then she get pick of the litter? I would have to put the doe in another cage after her kits are born and let her recoop and then take her out there. I just dont know that I can let her go.

She did offer to look at my buck. I was worrying that I might be taking these great does and putting them with an inferior male. (She judges shows), the other option is to buy a great buck from her and let lopsy come inside as a pet.
IMO I would take her to the ladies rabbitry and have her line breed in front of you. Then you take her home and raise the litter. When she kindles, you call the breeder and let her know how many babies she had and inform her if you have any looses. I do NOT think getting pick of the litter is worth you raising them at your place. But, if you dont know these people real well, I dont know I would trust them with my rabbit for 2.5 months. One bunny (pick of litter) is not worth what your doing for a sperm doner........
She would have done that. I would have raised them here. BUT we changed plans. I am going to get a buck out of the two lines that work well with what I have and until then I will keep using Lopsy, but he is in another cage so I will breed when I want to.

We have 4, four week old kits, 5- 4 day old kits (two are peanuts, so we will end up with 3) and one just pulled fur.

I plan to keep at least a broken sable point buck from the 4 week old and we will see from there.

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What a difference a week has made. They are getting cuter! It turned out that the sable point, broken and one tort are bucks and one little doe out of the litter!

Here they are at 4 weeks

Broken Sable point buck
secret-1.jpg

secret-3.jpg

Broken tort buck
jayce-2.jpg

jayce-1.jpg

Tort doe
peekaboo-1.jpg

peekaboo-2.jpg

Tort buck (probably not gonna make the cut)
jackson-2.jpg

2seth2

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
cute kepp them tell you cans show them and see which is best. you should also keep the brk sable piont for another color to your breeding program.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Boy did they ever grow in a week.

All your babies are so precious!

Congratulations!

K

home-sweet-home

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Our little Sundae had kits 4 days ago. 2 are peanuts. :( But the other 3 look to be doing great!

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Looks like we may have another broken sable point :D

Ebony has pulled fur (and stole some from Sundae lol) so we should be getting more kits soon. I keep expecting the peanuts to be gone, but they are still going strong at 4 days (our last peanut lasted 6 days)

2seth2

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
looks likee a black tort and blue tort too

wolftracks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm so glad I was finally able to login here today.

I have 2 Hollands and I'm not sure what quality they are. I'll have to post some pics soon. One I was told by the breeder has a color dq, but I liked this one. She's black but has a white marking on the nose. The bick is a tort. They were born Oct 27th, so however old that is. I'm tired and not doing numbers today.

Are there many HL breeders on this site?

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
home-sweet-home said:
Our little Sundae had kits 4 days ago. 2 are peanuts. :( But the other 3 look to be doing great!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/babyrnlc/rabbits/DSC_0003.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/babyrnlc/rabbits/DSC_0004.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/babyrnlc/rabbits/DSC_0006.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/babyrnlc/rabbits/DSC_0011.jpg

Looks like we may have another broken sable point :D

Ebony has pulled fur (and stole some from Sundae lol) so we should be getting more kits soon. I keep expecting the peanuts to be gone, but they are still going strong at 4 days (our last peanut lasted 6 days)
Congratulations on the 3 healthy kits. So sorry about the 2 peanuts. But thanks for posting them. Really see the difference of what a peanut is to what a healthy kit is.

K

Latest posts