Honaker Farm Kidding Watch: Daisy - KIDDED pg 19

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
No kids yet.

Man, if she bred at a later date (remember the buck ran with her for at least a month longer)...then we could have a couple more weeks of waiting...

:barnie :barnie :barnie :th
Come on out pretty little DOELINGS :fl :fl :fl

jason_mazzy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi! Are you ok? I hope your back is feeling better. That hurt to read.........

Any special news???????

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
jason_mazzy said:
Hi! Are you ok? I hope your back is feeling better. That hurt to read.........

Any special news???????
Thanks Jason. My knee is pretty messed up and sore but at least I won't be needing crutches. Just limping around. And bruised up. We had cold rain that turned the snow that was on the ground to ice then we had freezing rain on top of that. So it made every step treacherous.

We (with the vet) are believing that Daisy didn't take at the 8/25 breeding and took at a later date since the buck ran with her. So we'll probably be looking at another couple of weeks. Vet doesn't believe that she is overdue. And she is not in stress or distressed.

So...looks like she's been doing what a lot of goats seem to do about a month prior to birth...we'll see. :fl

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
No new reports for Daisy.

Although she is back to acting absolutely normal :rolleyes: Vet says most likely braxton hicks and still doesn't believe that anything is wrong.

So we wait... :caf

I moved our 3 month olds into the stall next to her and she tries to "mother" them through the wall. I'm hoping to get her in the kidding mood.

Also just looked at the lunar calendar and the upcoming full moon is 2/18. Although to me it looks full from the 15th to the 22nd...but official date is 2/18...

So...my plan is to get her in the mommy mood with the kids next door and hopefully the pull of the moon will work it's magic on her too.

Until then... :pop ...munch some popcorn with me and wait...and wait...and wait...

eta: in case you think I'm crazy...she really is pregnant... :D She just seems to love to make me feel crazy and sound like a liar :p

eta2: And if she took on a heat cycle in Sept (instead of the Aug one I thought) which she obviously did...then she'd be due between 2/12 and 2/17 :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
No new reports for Daisy.

Although she is back to acting absolutely normal :rolleyes: Vet says most likely braxton hicks and still doesn't believe that anything is wrong.

So we wait... :caf

I moved our 3 month olds into the stall next to her and she tries to "mother" them through the wall. I'm hoping to get her in the kidding mood.

Also just looked at the lunar calendar and the upcoming full moon is 2/18. Although to me it looks full from the 15th to the 22nd...but official date is 2/18...

So...my plan is to get her in the mommy mood with the kids next door and hopefully the pull of the moon will work it's magic on her too.

Until then... :pop ...munch some popcorn with me and wait...and wait...and wait...

eta: in case you think I'm crazy...she really is pregnant... :D She just seems to love to make me feel crazy and sound like a liar :p

eta2: And if she took on a heat cycle in Sept (instead of the Aug one I thought) which she obviously did...then she'd be due between 2/12 and 2/17 :)
:caf :pop :fl

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Udders getting full right down to swelling out the teats :D

I still think we're waiting till the full moon a little later this month, but I was so excited to see those full udders that I had to share :lol: