How many Trail Ride?

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We are trail ride lovers...love getting out, enjoying the journey and so do the horses. How many of you trail ride and where are your favorite spots?

Here is a picture of a back trail to the giant sequoias in Nelder Grove on the boundry of Yosemite. It is one of my favorite trails. Giant Lupine as tall as the horses back...awesome!!!

3816041788_fdefc35ac8.jpg

This trail is hidden on purpose to keep traffic low on it...
252501701_2895c8545e.jpg

Would love to see yours!

Paintlover24

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I love to trail ride when I can get someone to go with me. Through American Paint horse Association there is a program where I can earn hours trail riding get stuff at certain hours. It really is alot of fun.

Chickerdoodle13

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I do! I have some pictures, but I'd have to find them on facebook.

We have one amazing park by us that has trails all throughout the appalachian mountains. Not too many people are ever on it which is lucky for us. Sadly, I haven't found any parks better than this one. We've scoped out a few in PA and NJ, but many are either hard to get to with a trailer or are not as horse friendly as the websites make them sound.

I also LOVE trail riding at gettysburg. I haven't been there in awhile, but we usually go camping and trailriding.

Now that we have a gooseneck trailer with a little sleeping area, I hope to do more trailriding with my dad. This summer was tough because of all the rain. Hopefully the Fall and next summer will be better! Hopefully I'll also be able to get my new horse Sedona on the trailer so I can take her trailriding. I think she will be awesome out there!

I'll try and find those pics of gettysburg for you! I don't think I have any of the Andover trails.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I used to trail ride a bit, we usually went to Sandaraska park.

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We love to trail ride ! ......next time we go out I'll take along the camera ....Right now the bugs are sooooo bad !!!! The horse flies are crazy !!!!! Even the horses will not graze in the pastures close to the fence/wooded areas....and thats with bug spray on ....my daughters horse looks like she has a bad case of acme she has so many bites....but she's very delicate...she's our diva of the pasture ...

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
2468herdsrgr8 said:
We love to trail ride ! ......next time we go out I'll take along the camera ....Right now the bugs are sooooo bad !!!! The horse flies are crazy !!!!! Even the horses will not graze in the pastures close to the fence/wooded areas....and thats with bug spray on ....my daughters horse looks like she has a bad case of acme she has so many bites....but she's very delicate...she's our diva of the pasture ...
Ugh at horse flies and regular flies! .. Poor Luna and Tetley are getting eaten alive out there and I've sprayed them both, Tetley is a fleabitten so she's not too bad, it's poor Luna who is getting absolutely attacked out there.

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have never seen anyone call them Lupine with an E before... I did some reading and everytime I looked up Lupine it said it was the americanized version or something of the word. We're named after the pretty Lupins that flower around here :)

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It is a variant spelling with the E, I'm surprised you didn't find it in your search, I doubled checked and found it on my first inquiry. :D

Here common colors are purple, white and less frequently seen red.

[edited for spelling]

big brown horse

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Trail rider here. I've ridden trails along side Cypress creek in TX as well as the TX hill country in Bandera. I am not the follow behind the other trail rider, I like to blaze my own trails at my own speed. I love to challenge my horse as well as myself.

When I turned 30 I road a 17 mile trail ride bareback. Bareback is my favorite way to ride. (I have a great Pat Parelli bareback pad, the kind that has no stirrups...I love it! Keeps my jeans clean.)

All of a sudden I feel like riding!!!

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well, Me.......I did up until may 22nd. I had a bad accident, which included me, my horse and a bees nest. :(
Needless to say, the Neurosurgeon says no more riding for me. almost 35 years in the saddle, it will be hard, to say the least. But, I did mainly trail ride, all over NH, VT and Maine. I did the AQHA trail miles, and belong to a trail group in my town. I also did other things, cow work and some ring stuff, but trail riding is my all time favorite. :D