I hate to say this but...

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
They just ignore everyone else
And just have their little conversations

See, now, this was the problem. Some found it entertaining, some found it infuriating (actually, anyone was welcome to join in, but you kinda needed to know the history, etc, to be able to contribute to the nonsense). It became necessary to rein things in to maintain a semblance of order.:idunno

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
See, now, this was the problem. Some found it entertaining, some found it infuriating (actually, anyone was welcome to join in, but you kinda needed to know the history, etc, to be able to contribute to the nonsense). It became necessary to rein things in to maintain a semblance of order.:idunno
So true. I'm struggling to keep up with everything.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm scared of all the BYCers :hide

I left BYC to come here because it got too crowded over there.

And now they're all over here!

What if they stay? :eek:
What if we never go back to the way it was!!! :th

(What if I'm overreacting? :p)

Now, this is what started this thread less than 48 hours ago and it took me the better part of 20 minutes to get to the end of it at 13 pages. :hide WHEW! Really, I had to stop trying to welcome all you newcomers as I have data limits as well as things that require my time around the homestead. Can't stay here for hours welcoming everyone... sorry.

Having said that, there aren't (or weren't) many "chat threads" on here that garnered 100s of posts daily of nothing but banter... Already in just 3-4 days there are now a multitude of banter threads going here. If all those BYC'ers leave us after the new BYC is unveiled, those threads will all die off :duc... Nearest thing we have to that here would be the journals where folks talk about their farms and "herd life". I think most here came from BYC originally and many still visit over there (I do - mostly The Old Folks Home).

Anyone who wishes to stay will be welcomed with open arms I'm sure. We have a great group of herd folks here. It's always exciting when someone new joins up and we try to welcome them and make them feel at home. A bit overwhelming when you have a thousand new folks join over several days though :barnie I just wanted to check new posts and have been on now for almost 3 hours and still not done! :ep

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry we upset the cart but we all have limited time. I have yet to explore the BYH but just like the BYC I'm sure there is a lot to be learned here. It was at the Websites suggestion that we join to learn the new format of the BYC . As with all social circles of life there are clicks . I have never really considered myself a snob but there are those that I relate to . We have fun most of the time . We are also very close friends who have sent aid to one of our friends who lost her house to the floods in Mississippi last year . We recently sent emails and cards to one of our friends who is very ill to help lift their sprits . These are the people you fear :hu It has been my pleasure to know them I am very proud to call them my friends . After seeing some user names here I'm sure that we all are the same type of people . Well not exactly the same but the heart is there so the mind must follow . I'll give you this to consider perhaps it will remind you how things should go in life
d9b4874f2411dd5c8fae34a1ed97acc7.jpg

Ravyn

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry we upset the cart but we all have limited time. I have yet to explore the BYH but just like the BYC I'm sure there is a lot to be learned here. It was at the Websites suggestion that we join to learn the new format of the BYC . As with all social circles of life there are clicks . I have never really considered myself a snob but there are those that I relate to . We have fun most of the time . We are also very close friends who have sent aid to one of our friends who lost her house to the floods in Mississippi last year . We recently sent emails and cards to one of our friends who is very ill to help lift their sprits . These are the people you fear :hu It has been my pleasure to know them I am very proud to call them my friends . After seeing some user names here I'm sure that we all are the same type of people . Well not exactly the same but the heart is there so the mind must follow . I'll give you this to consider perhaps it will remind you how things should go in life View attachment 32647

BYH scared the chit outta me... I skipped doing an intro thread just to try and keep the waves down...

The only reason I stayed was to keep in touch with these dear friends Hipshot spoke of... we're all different, we don't always agree all the time nor do we even agree some of the time... but every single one is irreplaceable... time and again, they have pulled together and done incredible things for others... time and again, they have amazed me at their willingness to show others that no matter what happens or where anyone is, there are others that care and support in times of need... time and again, they humble me and I am ever and always proud to call them all Friend...

So, we are deeply sorry for disrupting your quiet home and I know it turned everything upside down for everyone... but I cannot be sorry for taking advantage of the opportunity of keeping in touch with these wonderful people...

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, fer cryin' out loud . . . .:th

Notice that I phrased this in the PAST tense. Banty and I were talking about the issues that BYC had with Emthefishlady and her friends (or at least I was). We were accused of being a "clique" (or should that be "cluque?" lol). We were having a riotous good time, and some folks had a blast right along with us, but not everyone.

WVduckchick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh, fer cryin' out loud . . . .:th

Notice that I phrased this in the PAST tense. Banty and I were talking about the issues that BYC had with Emthefishlady and her friends (or at least I was). We were accused of being a "clique" (or should that be "cluque?" lol). We were having a riotous good time, and some folks had a blast right along with us, but not everyone.

Cluque, I like that! It's kinda funny, but I guess like in a large school, there are kids that migrate together. In small schools, everyone knows everyone.
BYC is so big, the cluques have happened. There are a few members that bridge cluques, (double or triple+ cluquers). It's actually kinda nice to see a little more blending here. I'm sure we will all go back to our respective cluques, but it can be fun while we're here.