Kid Watch Feb/March: Jenny day 138

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't be concerned about movement. If the kids are dead she will abort. But sometimes you just don't see movement. I've seen very little movement with my girls and have had live births. Good luck with your births.

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm concerned with her because of how much movement I'm used to feeling. I've been kicked in the face feeling for them before, and to not have them moving at all is odd. She's not acting off, though, so I guess it's just going to be a wait and see.

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
All is fine. Her ligs are getting harder to find every day, and her udder's finally filling out on the side, so it looks like it just might be the 18th.

Last time I ever buy a doe "due to kid any day".

Also, just for the fun of it, this was her udder the day after we got her, and the second one was this morning (2/09)
1015100911-00.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
TheMixedBag...did you steal the top view picture of my FF Fudgie the day before she kidded and use it for Milky's top view picture?!? (JK!)

The pic you posted on page 1 looks exactly like the pic I posted of her on my thread !

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed for you to get healthy doelings from your girls. :) Also sending some sable vibes for Jenny.

Wow, Milky's udder has evened out nicely too. Congrats!

Tracy

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
themrslove said:
ksalvagno said:
At least it is even now. :D
Ahahahaha! That is what I was thinking! :p
I think that left teat may always be "blown", but she should be nice and easy to milk (I don't have to milk her, yay me! Her new owners get to have fun with that, she's being sold a few days after she kids).

Jenny's ligs are going in and out, they were really soft and sunken in this morning, and she lost her plug yesterday morning, so hopefully she'll kid in the next week or two.

TheMixedBag

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No real updates, just bigger udders, bigger bellies, and nekkid goats!

The weather has been absurdly warm this week (80+), so after about 2 days of it and the goats panting and not coming outside, I broke down and shaved everyone. I'm fitting blankets for them for Monday, but after that it's more of the same, so yeah. They were definitely happy to get the clip, and I'll post nekkid pics of Maverick and Milky soon, but this was Jenny's clip right after she was ultrasounded. (on another note, this was also the first time she posed properly, and I've been practicing it with her off and on-her first show is in May)

DSC03280-1.jpg

DSC03282-1.jpg