~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
Ugh you have to wait another week and 1/2?

I am trying to think positive ( NOW NOW NOW ) lol

I don't want to go another month waiting but I don't see any signs of kidding today unless Malina is tricking me.
I hope not, but it is a possibility.

Me TOO!!

At least you are sure of when your Malina was bred. ;) I just know the last possible breeding date for Cali. If she goes longer than the 2 weeks from today mark, I WILL be bringing her to one of the vets that is roughly an hour's drive(one way) from our house, to have them see if she needs inducing or a c-section. My family really can't afford the $$ to do that, but if it gets down to it, we will eat spaghettios for 3 months in order to pay the vet's bill($90/office visit+ anything done/administered :rolleyes: ).
Cough Cough :hide

I don't know when she was bred :barnie

Malina has been with Kuzco our buck since the day we brought them home last year, last April they were 2 and 1/2 months old when I got them.

I didn't have the ability to keep them apart at that moment as I do now.

I started noticing udders like your doe has, on Malina the end of feb, and beginning of March from then she has just exploded into a huge udder and full looking teets.

I bought them on my Bday April 26th last year my luck she waits until that day to kid lol.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
Ugh you have to wait another week and 1/2?

I am trying to think positive ( NOW NOW NOW ) lol

I don't want to go another month waiting but I don't see any signs of kidding today unless Malina is tricking me.

Me TOO!!

At least you are sure of when your Malina was bred. ;) I just know the last possible breeding date for Cali. If she goes longer than the 2 weeks from today mark, I WILL be bringing her to one of the vets that is roughly an hour's drive(one way) from our house, to have them see if she needs inducing or a c-section. My family really can't afford the $$ to do that, but if it gets down to it, we will eat spaghettios for 3 months in order to pay the vet's bill($90/office visit+ anything done/administered :rolleyes: ).

Malina has been with Kuzco our buck since the day we brought them home last year, last April they were 2 and 1/2 months old when I got them.

I started noticing udders like your doe has, on Malina the end of feb, and beginning of March from then she has just exploded into a huge udder and full looking teets.

I bought them on my Bday April 26th last year my luck she waits until that day to kid lol.
OHHH!!! Gotchya! Well, that would be a nice b-day present, right?! :D

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:

Me TOO!!

Yea it would be but geez its so far away another week and 1/2 which puts me about the same time as your's is due.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
St0rmyM00n said:
Livinwright Farm said:
St0rmyM00n said:

Yea it would be but geez its so far away another week and 1/2 which puts me about the same time as your's is due.
It would be about the same. I should also be when Maude goes... she hasn't really started rebuilding her udder yet, but I didn't get to see her when she was building her FF udder... she may be a late bloomer. :hu

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
CrownofThornsNDGoats said:
I love Cali's coloring! I hope she goes tonight for you!
Thank You!
Looks like when she goes it won't be tonight anymore... but potentially today! :) :fl :fl

Cali still refuses to eat anything... she won't even touch her favorite: Calf Manna. She loves the stuff and will usually hork down a good solid cup of it... I can't even get her to eat a tablespoon of it. :/ Also, she has been intermitantly flicking & holding her tail at maximum(up & flat against her back), she is: up, down, up, down, up, down(progressively having a harder and harder time getting on her feet once down for a good chunk of time), she is breathing a little closer to panting, and doesn't want any of her chick babies on or near her(however, she is mighty curious as to why the cat is locked up in it's crate{he was getting a little too "friendly"* with the barn's new little flock members})

* "friendly" =
Edited to change Manna Pro to Calf Manna. my bad.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
$90 office call!! Ouch!! My vet is only $39 plus whatever is done...

Hope it doesn't come to that and she goes today or within the next few days.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
no babies yet, she still won't touch her feed, calf manna, or even sunflowers or alfalfa. I did catch her nibbling on a little hay, but nothing really to speak of. When I locked up the barn for the "night" at 12:30, I watched her poop, then roughly 1 minute later she pooped again... weird. Then this morning when she pooped is was one big glob(not runny, just very soft). Her ligs have softened more, but are still only roughly half way gone.

Not sure what I can do about her appetite... I know she needs to eat more than a handful of hay. Any ideas on how to get it jump-started are greatly appreciated.

St0rmyM00n

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
no babies yet, she still won't touch her feed, calf manna, or even sunflowers or alfalfa. I did catch her nibbling on a little hay, but nothing really to speak of. When I locked up the barn for the "night" at 12:30, I watched her poop, then roughly 1 minute later she pooped again... weird. Then this morning when she pooped is was one big glob(not runny, just very soft). Her ligs have softened more, but are still only roughly half way gone.

Not sure what I can do about her appetite... I know she needs to eat more than a handful of hay. Any ideas on how to get it jump-started are greatly appreciated.
Is it possible she has eaten some without you seeing her?

Maybe her tummy don't feel well?

I hope she feels better soon and that is odd....Malina is a porker she is pigging out as we speak on brush. She don't really eat very much mineral all though its there freely every day fresh she munches on the ground more than anything.

How is your doe's udder today has it changed any?