~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers.

We request that you keep praying for Cali, for a quick & full healing.

At approximately 2:25am EST, the roughly 4-5 lb single buckling was retrieved from Cali... still born :hit . MUCH thanks to the Plymouth, NH Animal Hospital staff!! There might have been a chance for a live birth if we had driven her there as soon as I noticed the lack of ligs... but there is no point in thinking about the shoulda/coulda/wouldas. Cali is currently recuperating in my Dad's enclosed trailer. And we have 5 syringes of antibiotics for her for the next 5 days.

Thank you to Emily(Elevan) for doing everything you did in talking us through it all. :hugs

The little buckling appeared to be a very lightly broken chamoise(chamoise with a small white star top center of his head & a couple little spots on his right side) He would have been a beautiful little buck, I am sure. Should Cali survive this trauma, and continue growing properly... we MIGHT consider breeding her to a LITTLE Pygmy buck... to ensure SMALL kids... sometime in the future, but definitely NO time soon.

Cooperkeeper

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am so sorry for the loss of your little buckling. Praying Cali gets stronger each day. Hugs to you and your DH and for wonderful efforts of those here that tried to help.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Im sorry for your loss...Poor Cali...hope she recovers quickly. That seems like a very long and rough time for the poor girl. I regret not checking BYH last night...But thankfully Emily was there on the phone with you. Good job Emily.

I was a couple hours south of her...so it was probally quicker for her to get to the plymouth hospital. Its hard when its your first time and got your hand in there and your unsure of what your feeling. Thats tough!!

Im sorry for you...glad Cali made it through. :hugs

DouglasPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ohhhh, I am so sorry to hear this. So sorry that you lost your buckling!!! Praying with you that Cali makes a complete recovery!

And (((HUGS))) for you! I am sure that you are still shaken by the entire evening! Glad there were others on here to give you support!

wannacow

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:hugs You had a tough "first time". I'm sorry you lost your buckling, but I'm so glad Cali is recuperating. You did a great job. Now, hopefully your toughest is behind you and all you'll have from now on is nice easy births! :hugs

pirtykitty

Just born
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about the little buckling....Speedy recovery to Cali.. Big Hug for you hubby and family.