~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
:caf Got my coffee on ready, and my JUMBO popcorn while I sit and wait with the rest of you!
Edited to add: Cali's pooch is starting to look poofy... still no goo. Praying she doesn't have it/them while I am out tomorrow!! Or that if she does, it is easy on her and the kid/kids are small enough to pass smoothly!!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
going to check for multiple heartbeats today... picked up a stethascope(sp?) and going to see if I hear more than just hers. Same with Momma.
Still poofy back there, but she just went NUTZ over a crown of broccoli!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Checked for heartbeats... I was able to locate Cali's heartbeat with little problem... but when I attempted to hear anything on her right side, all I could hear was the chickens, her rumen and the sound of her hair bristling the sound piece on her belly.... :/ I KNOW she is preggers, she is all poofy back there and her itty bitty udder is slowly(very slowly) swelling.
I also could not locate a heartbeat on Momma at all.... but I KNOW she is alive... :lol: kinda hard to miss the fact that she is walking, eating, pooping, meaaa-ing, etc. If it weren't so cold out still, I would shave the girls to not have the interference from their hair. Guess I just have to keep waiting.... :/

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Still waiting... :rolleyes: goodness... if I got the date right, today would have only been day 151... how long until I start surmising that she was bred later than I thought?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well...when my Daisy hit day 155 and still hadn't kidded the vet said to refigure and add 18-23 days and then start the watch over...

Good luck!

:pop

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I would, but honestly, she was so young when bred, and I had no idea what a doe/doeling in heat looked like... plus both bucklings were all over her every chance they got. We were unable to get stalls built and doors on them before the kids reached 8 weeks old. :( I am just stuck in a lack of sleep trance for the next month until Maude(the last bred) kids and if Cali doesn't kid by then... then I don't know. She has been showing signs of pregnancy: lack of a heat, no smileys around her pooch, her udder has S-L-O-W-L-Y started swelling, her right side has looked VERY round, and her pooch has gotten poofy looking over the last couple of days... I have been reading that does can have false pregnancies... but usually the pooch won't agree with the rest of their body. :/ She has me so befuddled!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
A few questions that I'm sure that you've stated before but please bear with my late night brain here...

1. She's 7 months now right? So, you believe she settled at 2 months?
2. Did you remove the boys immediately after she was bred or were they left with her?
3. Have you had any tests to confirm that she settled? Ultrasound...blood test...
4. Do you have a goat vet that you are working with?

Latest posts