~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
PattySh said:
Due anytime you should be able to feel the kid on the right side. Yes the soft squishy area but it shouldn't be empty feeing if she is preggers due soon. You should have a good size kid kicking you back! If you don't see a kid move or feel one, where is a chance she isn't pregnant or not nearly that far along.
I am really starting to wish that I had the money to have ultrasounds done on all three of my girls. I just can't feel a thing. No matter how "hard" I push in on their soft areas.... and I don't want to push too hard.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Update: I felt the soft "pocket" on Cali's right side, above (edited to fix spelling error) her rib cage, and this time I felt something!!!!! a firm blump! :celebrate I took my hand away for a minute and then felt again and the blump wasn't there... tricky little kid... or kids. I left my hand there just to see if it/they came back around and after about 1 minute I felt something brush by!! YAY!!!!

Also, It is getting harder for me to distinguish over all size of Cali's udder. I is no longer like little kiwis in there. It is like it is stretching out and covering more area. I was also able to feel the firm mammary tissue. It has increased by at least double from last week.
SO, I guess I got the bred date down a little off after all. :rolleyes: Oh well, at least she is happy, healthy, and "most" importantly, I now know for certain that she isn't faking it!! :lol:
:fl :fl Please, please, please let it be little twins!!!! :fl :fl

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Sorry for no updates... unfortunately, there really isn't anything new to report.
I felt Cali's underbelly the other day by interweaving my fingers cupped just in front of her teeny tiny udder. On my left hand(her lowest right side) I felt a light flutter.. possibly dancing feet? On my right hand I felt a firm bump press and rub against my hand... perhaps a head or bum? Her udder has stretched/grown to roughly double what it was... but still her teats just barely peek out from her thick coat.
Cali was 23.2 lbs and 16 inches at the withers at roughly 2 months old... at 6.75 months old she is up to 42.6 lbs and 17.5 inches at the withers.

Maude is difficult to handle and even more difficult when it comes to getting checked out. all I really have to go on with her is her general appearance. She has a decent barrel.. fuller looking on the right side than her left side. her back end, when she doesn't notice me looking, looks puffier. She hasn't really started rebuilding her udder, but she does have until Easter to work on building it.

Momma is a mystery. She has not become skinny, but she no longer has the wide & low barrel that she used to have. I have not found any fetal remains... so I am wondering if she had a false pregnancy... then again... she hasn't come back into heat. :idunno Good news with her though, is that I can now have all three girls in the same space without Cali nursing off of her. Cali still tries to sneak attack, but as soon as the hairs on her lower jaw slightly touch Momma's shriveled up udder, Momma jerks away from her! :celebrate :celebrate

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
You can just barely see the tip of a teat poking out near the inner brown spot of her right leg.
3120_calis_udder_145_days.jpg

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
No kids yet, but getting close!!! SHOULD be Thursday or Friday!!

In the mean time... here are a few pics of what Cali looks like now. ;)
3120_cali_udder_shot_1.jpg

3120_cali_udder_shot_2.jpg

3120_swollen_pooch.jpg

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
:pop

Definitely moving along!
I sure hope so! This is the third round of count 18-21 more days... gets really tiring after awhile. I know it is better for her that it is this much later, given how young she is, every day older that she gets means her frame is that much better for kidding. I just don't know if I will survive another 18-21 days... :th SO, Cali HAS to kid this week! :fl :fl