LMP's 2019 Farrowing Thread: New babies from Lucy and Prissy

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the two, sorry about the 3rd. I wonder why it was so much bigger.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mangalitsa pigs in general are known for smaller litter sizes. Not that its always true, as Priss had 11 her first go. However with that being said she was two years old by the time she farrowed. Now Maeja is only 10 months old, and it was her first litter so I think she will do much better next time. Plus she is an amazing momma and has a lot of milk so I may grab some and freeze it for emergencies.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
5D3B498A-8761-45DB-B956-1AA267DD4DF5.jpeg

There is a heat lamp set up but they refuse to use it. The want to be by mommas side.

Dee Mini Pigs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I heard that some of you are freezing at the moment, I personally have never experienced super cold, went to Tasmania once, to see snow, nope, was cold but just saw a little ice on some rocks, I hope you are all okay and I’m thinking of you all, stay safe and warm, and if you can’t get warm well I suppose you could go and cuddle our wonderful animalsLove Dee.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last night was probably the coldest night we are going to have with a real feel of -15. Talk about a day to be born..Maeja did great keeping her little ones warm. I didn’t go to see them today because I had other things to do but my dad said they are looking great. He also saw her nursing them, which I knew they were getting fed because of how fat they were, but I never actually saw her nurse them. More pictures when I get the chance.

Calliope the other gilt should be due by the end of the month. She is huge compared to Maeja, so she should have more babies hopefully. Oh and Priss got moved out into the field with Atlas, so we should be seeing another litter from her in may. She is looking so much better now. It was funny, Atlas hated her at first, I think cause he was mad we took his girls away. However after a few days he was flirting it up with her. Now they lay together in their shelter, talk about a love story :p

Last edited:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im feeling disgusting right now. We lost Calliope’s litter.