MARESTARE GOAT CAMS

Electric

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Aw! its so cute! Its finally out !

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I believe the two fingers is to show if it's a doe or a buck. I've noticed them do that after each babi is born. I'm not sure which one is which though, anyone know?

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
I believe the two fingers is to show if it's a doe or a buck. I've noticed them do that after each babi is born. I'm not sure which one is which though, anyone know?
Javamama said over on SS that one finger is a buckling and 2 is a doeling. I think.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just found the info on this - 1 finger is buck, 2 fingers means doe. The other doe, Bling, that was kidding today had 3, 2 does and a buck but they lost one of the doelings. :(

Ruffi had a single doeling.

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And I missed it all..... :(

I'm watching Pelican Acres now - they have a low alert on one of their does.

It looked like Ruffi had a hard delivery - anyone know what happened? I haven't yet seen the other doe they had on camera, but she looked to be in labor for a while too.

Our7Wonders

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I watched - it wasn't too bad, but did seem to need a little assistance to get the baby out. Ruffi wasn't at a great angle for the camera but I'm thinking perhaps a leg was back - that's what it kinda looked like but I'm not positive. It seemed a long labor, but once she really started pushing I don't think it took more than just a few minutes.

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
I watched - it wasn't too bad, but did seem to need a little assistance to get the baby out. Ruffi wasn't at a great angle for the camera but I'm thinking perhaps a leg was back - that's what it kinda looked like but I'm not positive. It seemed a long labor, but once she really started pushing I don't think it took more than just a few minutes.
It was the first time I'd ever watched a goat kidding but that was the impression I got too. Those two women are so calm throughout everything it's hard to tell how scary it might be. I only knew there was a problem with the other goat because they moved the camera off her.

Henrietta23

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
glenolam said:
And I missed it all..... :(

I'm watching Pelican Acres now - they have a low alert on one of their does.

It looked like Ruffi had a hard delivery - anyone know what happened? I haven't yet seen the other doe they had on camera, but she looked to be in labor for a while too.
Oh and thanks, guess what I'll be watching all day! :gig

glenolam

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hen - you should have seen the triplet delivery they did about a week and a half ago. They had to go in and pull each kid out of the doe themselves. I was certain they lost the last kid, but they held it up by it's feet for a second, cleared it's throat and all was good.

I was watching a doe from pelican acres for a little while last night - she was on low alert but this morning it's back to the community room so I'm not sure if she kid or not.