Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you haven't poured concrete before, you will need to decide if you want to mix it yourself or get concrete brought in.

If you have no experience you can frame in the pour in small sections and mix it from bag of readi-mix. You will need a screed and leveling board. You can make a leveling board with a 2x4. Make sure that the framework is level on the top and you can level the concrete off by running the board over the frame. After leveling the concrete, you can finish the surface in a couple ways. Yoi can leave it smooth but since this is for animal keeping you will want a slightly rougher surface for better footing. One way is to sweep the surface with a stiff corn broom. This will leave very shallow groves in the surface. Another way is to throw thick salt on the top of the concrete. This will make tiny holes in the surface as the salt melts and is a nice decorative finish. After finishing the concrete you have to keep it damp until it dries completely. If you use bags of readi-mix, you might want to do small portions at a time so you can rework it if needed before it dries. You can form the smaller portions in the size to take several bags of readi-mix at a time. When you remove the forms, you can reform the next section with those 2x4's. I am sure there are U-Tube videos on doing it. Pouring a flat slab is much easier than steps.

If you can find a supplier that is doing jobs, they often have a small amount left over. They will need to dump this somewhere and have to pay to dump it at a dump site. Sometimes they will bring you the leftover from a pour. However, you will have a very short window since they won't know if they have any leftover until after their contracted pour.

Have fun!

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I managed to load 4 sheep by myself. LPH29 Misty is getting a recheck on her wound. Everyone is getting preg check and scrapies codon test. The metal milk crate is anti-tip device.
20231113_183301.jpg20231113_183250.jpg

It was a little hard since sheep had to do hard 90degree turn. Once I get some additional junk cleaned up, I can get a better angle.