Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I left Ringo with the ewes, sometimes even through lambing.

It may be that the unbred ewes were not cycling for whatever reasons.

Snickers is a gentle ram, maybe just leave him with them until obviously pregnant?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make that gentle but food reactive. Ouch!

After night feeding, I noticed a feeder crooked on fence. I reached over fence to unclip and straighten. They had already eaten and turned away to go lay down. Snickers did a leap from about 6ft away and nailed my arm against the 2"x 4" fence. Screamed and got him in neck with the metal milk crate.

Husband took one look at my rapidly swelling arm and profuse sobbing before we loaded up for the ER. I have a golf ball sized goose egg on side he hit and abrasions on fence side. Doctor had two different radiologists check x-rays for cracks. Right now trying one handed because rotating wrist hurts to much even with hydrocodone.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make that gentle but food reactive. Ouch!

After night feeding, I noticed a feeder crooked on fence. I reached over fence to unclip and straighten. They had already eaten and turned away to go lay down. Snickers did a leap from about 6ft away and nailed my arm against the 2"x 4" fence. Screamed and got him in neck with the metal milk crate.

Husband took one look at my rapidly swelling arm and profuse sobbing before we loaded up for the ER. I have a golf ball sized goose egg on side he hit and abrasions on fence side. Doctor had two different radiologists check x-rays for cracks. Right now trying one handed because rotating wrist hurts to much even with hydrocodone.
OUCH! A leap from 6 ft away eek and the momentum major oww!! Dam ram.
I’ve been real careful around mine the last month, sometimes the vibes are just not right. Hope your arm and wrist don’t have any major damage. 🤞🤞

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
OMG! Even if not broken huge bruising can still cause problems. When the heavy metal fence panel fell onto the back of my leg my entire calf from ankle to knee was so swollen I couldn't wear my jeans. Luckly it was shorts weather. The swelling took months to go down and it was still discolored 3 months later. Those massive blunt force hematomas are painful and disabling.

Rams are dangerous, even ones that are easygoing are not to be trusted.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get some Arnicare. It comes in a tube, gel or cream. I prefer the cream. It is great for injuries like this. Do not get into broken skin. It will ease the pain, it dissipates bruises and helps swelling go down. Drug stores carry it. I’m never without it. The pain relief lasts 4 hours.

When I had my knee replacement, I ordered the pills and cream from the website. I came home with hydrocodone after surgery. Supposed to take every 6 hours, but I didn’t. Over a 3 week period I only took 7 of them. I used the Arnicare cream and took the pills. My leg was one big bruise from my hip to my ankle. Surgeon ran into some problems when he found osteoporosis and had to do some extra work. Arnicare saved me a lot of pain and dissolved the giant bruise.

I used Arnicare on BJs multiple joint replacements and on his chest next to the incision when he had a triple bypass. It surely helped.

Send your husband to Walgreens, CVS or Walmart for Arnicare NOW. It will do wonders for the swelling and bruising. You will recover much faster.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pain is manageable today with 800mg Motrin. Finished modifications to north shed feeding wall. If I did things right, I can unclip feed bins from storage mode once sheep are sorted in for night. Then they stick heads thru gap below wire to eat. No ramming my arms. Top of lowest board is planned floor height.
P_20231119_115625.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get some Arnicare. It comes in a tube, gel or cream. I prefer the cream. It is great for injuries like this. Do not get into broken skin. It will ease the pain, it dissipates bruises and helps swelling go down. Drug stores carry it. I’m never without it. The pain relief lasts 4 hours.

When I had my knee replacement, I ordered the pills and cream from the website. I came home with hydrocodone after surgery. Supposed to take every 6 hours, but I didn’t. Over a 3 week period I only took 7 of them. I used the Arnicare cream and took the pills. My leg was one big bruise from my hip to my ankle. Surgeon ran into some problems when he found osteoporosis and had to do some extra work. Arnicare saved me a lot of pain and dissolved the giant bruise.

I used Arnicare on BJs multiple joint replacements and on his chest next to the incision when he had a triple bypass. It surely helped.

Send your husband to Walgreens, CVS or Walmart for Arnicare NOW. It will do wonders for the swelling and bruising. You will recover much faster.
I second the arnica/arnicare -- it's best when you use it immediately - and sometimes that will stop the bruising. That part I know first hand.