Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I finished smoothing down panel edges and wired the cage to the trailer. Then I pushed it into sheep area and setup with some help from the littles.

Dominic showing the sheep how to load with sound effects, LOL.
P_20240408_190705.jpg

Lambs investigating after scary humans left.
P_20240408_191815.jpg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also if you are going to use the funnel feeders as corral sides, don't forget to put a piece of hog panel or wire on the outside bottom of the feeder so lambs can't get under the feeder and escape. I say this because our lambs like to get under the fence line feeders to sleep. When they wake up, they sometimes go out the opening into the barn instead of out the opening through which they came. We have now closed off al the bottoms of the fence line feeders with wire. I do prefer fence line feeders since it makes feeding so much easier.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today has been horrible! I came home at lunch to move laundry over. Noticed sheep basking in sun next to Hera and didn't think anything of it. I went to check on lamb after I ate. I noticed the sheep were on wrong side of fence as I approached. Glanced into night pen and saw Dominic's wether dead and stiff. 😭 Ran to check on lamb next to Hera and it was Vanilla! She was alive but weak. Got her loaded up and sped to vet.