Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Vanilla has similar but not as deep punctures on neck. She had bit on hind legs and tons of shallow cuts. I think the cuts are from busting thru cattle panel fence to get away.
P_20240411_182713.jpg
P_20240411_152452.jpg
P_20240411_152430.jpg

The vet cleaned everything, gave her antibiotics and painkillers. I have painkillers and additional antibiotic shot for Sunday. Planned recheck on Monday so sounds like vet thinks she'll make it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this 😞 where we're all the goats? Your dogs? Geesh....more strange happenings at your farm. And right after the dogs fast run and return just the other day 🙄🥴 didnt you just put up some game cams? Was all ok this morning?
Yeah, too many questions. Sorry. 🫂

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan When I left for the morning, Leo was in north paddock by himself and Hera was with ewes in south paddock with access to north shed/night pen thru sort gate. Ram locked in south shed/night pen.
When I got back for lunch, Leo and Hera greeted me in at gate from south paddock then Hera returned to Vanilla. The ewes were all aisle by sheep shed on north side of the sort gate with dead wether in pen. I'm guessing they broke thru fence in panic but haven't found where yet.
2024-04-10 fence situation.png

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was worried you might have reason to suspect Leo of going "rogue"... looks like there are either a pack of dogs or coyotes in the immediate area...
So very sorry for the troubles... hope someone has a .22 and is a good shot... or else you have to figure out a way to contain dogs and set some steel leg traps or put out poison... this is a serious mess....