My first litter of Flemish giants-14 day old pictures

djluster

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I had a litter of Flemish giants 14 days ago. I only had 3 and one of them I am going to have to put down. Since it back legs are paralized
the kits are not standard color I know. I got the mom from a lady who couldnt keep her once she got into the there male flemishes cage. She is 2 years old and suppost to be pure flemish and dad is suppost to be as well even though I question it now since the odd color even though I know there are some pure flemish giants out there with this coloring.
Mom is a dark sandy and dad is a fawn. I do not think I will breed this doe again but havnt desided yet. she is a great mom but with only 3 kits and one with a problem may not be breed her again. I do think from what I know this was her first litter and I dont know how long she was with the buck

Bunny one
newbunny1150.jpg

newbunny1151.jpg

bunny two
newbunny2-1.jpg

newbunny2-2.jpg

terri9630

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How cute. If it's her first litter than I'd give her another chance. She may have accidently paralized the one by stepping on it because she didn't know what she was doing. Our doe ate part of her first kits ear but has been great with the rest.

flemish lops

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I love the colors :) but I don't think flemish giants come in that color. There might be some other breed in the back grounds of one of you flemish giants, but they are reallllllly cute :love

djluster

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I don't know the history of either the buck or doe. I have seen picture of the buck and his ears looks small for a Flemish so I think he might have been a mix. I was just told both buck and does where pure Flemish. But I agree after seeing the kits colors I question it as well. I plan on pucking up a purebred with buck with a pedigree to use with both my does. I will give Bella this doe one more try when I get a buck and Lilly has a month before she is age. Bella needs to have a litter bigger then 3 kits

Lizzie098

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:love Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, so so cute!!! :love

Wow 'if' those are purebred that would be amazing!!!

rockdoveranch

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
OMG! They are just adorable!

I know absolutely nothing about rabbit colors. They make me think of dilute calico cats.

Are there breeds that come in your bunny's colors?

wannacow

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
They are beautiful. Wish flemish could be colored that way. I really like it! I can't believe how big your babies are. When I brought mine home people guessed she was 6 wks. Looking at your babies, I'm not so sure... She's huge now and hopefully will be having her 1st litter sometime this wknd. Last time didn't take. :fl