My hatch-Chicken chicks & new silkie cross chick

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Ok, quick question here!
I might have accidently flooded out a nest awhile back.
I threw the eggs in the incubator, didn't bother candling them.
Now they are talking to me, should I quit rolling them?

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
If they are talking to you then yes, quit turning them.
Thanks Kitty!
I have no idea when she started setting, didn't even know she was there!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:
If they are talking to you then yes, quit turning them.
Thanks Kitty!
I have no idea when she started setting, didn't even know she was there!
You're welcome.

With them talking to you, I'd expect hatching within the next day or two.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Red dog beat me to the shed door this morning! She could here the 5 babies talking and moving around the incubator!
She wants to get them so bad, but knows she can't, so she just shakes and drools all over the place!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Red dog beat me to the shed door this morning! She could here the 5 babies talking and moving around the incubator!
She wants to get them so bad, but knows she can't, so she just shakes and drools all over the place!
Congratulations!

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My chicks are three-weeks old today, and all 19 have survived so far...I'm thinking I'm about out of the woods! Their quarters are cramped, though..they're in a 2x2x4' box, which was ample until I upgraded to a 5 gallon waterer last weekend while we were camping. I think it's time to clean out the coop in the barn, sterilize it and put in fresh shavings, and move my babes. (One of the yellow/white ones was running around the room today, out of the brooder...must have had quite the luck getting out with the entire top covered except for two little irregular spots between the corner of the walls, the cover and the top of the circular brooder light cover!!!

Picture014-1.jpg
Everyone this morning. What do you think of the one in the very front with no feathers down his/her neck? It's like that on both sides, and was even when it was just hatched.

Picture016-1.jpg
Close up...Teeny (the one we helped out of the egg, the last to hatch) is in the center. It's head is still only the height of everyone else's backs, but it's still plugging along! I hold it every day. :)

Latest posts