My hatch-Chicken chicks & new silkie cross chick

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They look great! And yes, it looks like it's time for a move.

On the one without neck feathers, is there neked neck in the background somewhere? Or showgirl? Otherwise, I have no idea.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
They look great! And yes, it looks like it's time for a move.

On the one without neck feathers, is there neked neck in the background somewhere? Or showgirl? Otherwise, I have no idea.
I don't know...what's a showgirl? My hens were all feed store babies - Red Sex Link, Black Sex Link and Easter Eggers, and the rooster was, I think, a pure Black Australorp (right thewife?). The chick has some gray down there, but not much, and had a pretty sparse patch on the shoulders as a downy chick, too.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm not to familar with the showgirls either. I have just seen them over at BYC. But, with those breeds, I would say no there isn't any.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
They look good Amy!
Their daddy is out of my feed store "should be pure" Black Australorps!

I need to make up a new place for my babies. Everytime I open their cage, they come a running and fall out!
It's driving Red dog and Bernie nut's

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Updated pics of my crew.

I have them all together now except the two white roos from the first hatch. Those two intimidate the little ones so I have fenced them separate, at least for now until the little ones get used to being turned out with all the rest.
chicks7-10-2009.jpg

whiteroos.jpg

Today was the first day the younger ones were outside. They have had access to it for a couple days but, wouldn't go out so, I put them out. Here is a couple pics tonight on one debating.

Should I?
DoI.jpg

Maybe not!
Maybenot.jpg

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Kitty, do the chicks utilize the roost you have set up at this age? Mine seem very happy in their new digs (7'x6') but I took out the old roost (a fir branch) as it was always a little floppy and I plan to make something sturdier. I thought I didn't need to worry about that for awhile...but maybe they would rather roost now than sleep together on the shavings. What do you think?

Latest posts