New Goats - Rebuilding After Tragedy

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Pretty goats, sorry about your loss of your previous ones....And I love the fact that your pasture is still sooooo green.Here in Northern Texas ours have all went yellow..Need some rain really bad!!

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
bigmike said:
Pretty goats, sorry about your loss of your previous ones....And I love the fact that your pasture is still sooooo green.Here in Northern Texas ours have all went yellow..Need some rain really bad!!
Actually the pastures aren't as green as they normally are, but we are very fortunate to have such healthy grass this time of year. Last year we didn't have to feed any hay because the weather stayed so mild. I have a barn full of hay this year, but really hope I don't have to feed it all.

PendergrassRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
quiltnchik said:
PendergrassRanch said:
Did you just put them in the cab of your truck?
Huh? :idunno
LOL Sorry. I just read this quote in the OP and it sounds like he was in the cab of the truck :p

" It was so pleasant riding 3.5 hours with a buck in rut yesterday. He was an excellent passenger, but my truck reeks! LOL"

quiltnchik

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
PendergrassRanch said:
quiltnchik said:
PendergrassRanch said:
Did you just put them in the cab of your truck?
Huh? :idunno
LOL Sorry. I just read this quote in the OP and it sounds like he was in the cab of the truck :p

" It was so pleasant riding 3.5 hours with a buck in rut yesterday. He was an excellent passenger, but my truck reeks! LOL"
He was in the back of my SUV, along with the older doe. The doeling slept in the backseat :)

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I thought it was safe at first too because it is for pregnant cows apparently. A couple people who have been breeding goats a while told me there is not a liver fluke killer including Ivermec Plus that is safe for pregnant does. I would rather not risk it, at least not without a confirmed case of liver flukes.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
congratulations! They really are beautiful...and fattening them up will be the fun part!