NH Homesteader- turkeys!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure either NH, but a really nice looking hen...but, as far as my knowledge goes the wyandottes have a rose comb and that one looks more like a RIR type comb. :idunno

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agree, the color pattern is partridge and the comb is a single comb so probably a partridge rock. Wyandottes have a rose comb that conforms to the contour of the head. They have less chance of it freezing in the winter.
The partridge color pattern is found in several breeds.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope things are still going well for ya up there. It's been a while since ya have updated us on your peepers and the happenings there. I know ya are staying busy, but miss hearing from ya, so wanted to check on ya....:)
You are missed and not Forgotten.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that, and am unaware of the situation. I wish her, her DH, and daughter all the Best in the future with whatever the plans that unfolds for them. I truly considered her as a Friend here and she and her family will remain in my Prayers. Take care and know that there are people who care about ya.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bummer that you've had to leave, but I totally get it.

I'm afraid I don't "get it" at all. People are people, everybody has an opinion. Some people's opinions are helpful and useful, some are not, but none of us are gods. They say if you ask 4 horse people, you'll get 5 opinions; you'll have to decide for yourself which is most valuable and most applicable to your situation. Sometimes, even people that are highly respected experts in their fields can be dead wrong, and hopefully, they have the humility to admit it when it happens.

If somebody chooses to leave, that's their decision, but the only way anybody "has to leave" this forum is because they break the rules here - and one of the rules is treating other members, especially the mods, with respect. If somebody was disappointed or frustrated by advice they were given, well, I'm sorry for them, but I hope they wouldn't consider one person's opinion as justification for abandoning other endeavors in their lives.

So if someone felt they were given bad advice, they can simply ignore that advice. If they think a particular person gives bad advice, on this forum, they can "ignore" that person. There are still other helpful, friendly people here, no need to leave!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't "get it" at all. People are people, everybody has an opinion. Some people's opinions are helpful and useful, some are not, but none of us are gods. They say if you ask 4 horse people, you'll get 5 opinions; you'll have to decide for yourself which is most valuable and most applicable to your situation. Sometimes, even people that are highly respected experts in their fields can be dead wrong, and hopefully, they have the humility to admit it when it happens.

If somebody chooses to leave, that's their decision, but the only way anybody "has to leave" this forum is because they break the rules here - and one of the rules is treating other members, especially the mods, with respect. If somebody was disappointed or frustrated by advice they were given, well, I'm sorry for them, but I hope they wouldn't consider one person's opinion as justification for abandoning other endeavors in their lives.

So if someone felt they were given bad advice, they can simply ignore that advice. If they think a particular person gives bad advice, on this forum, they can "ignore" that person. There are still other helpful, friendly people here, no need to leave!

Amen to that. The disrespectful ones will destroy things if you let them. I don't always agree with some of what I've read, and I am a "newcomer" compared to some. But I have alot of years of "DOING IT" and if I can help someone I will. If you don't like what I said, IGNORE IT. But realize that there is always someone that knows more than you and try to learn what they are saying even if it isn't what you want to hear.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
"Bad advice"..
Sure it can be ignored, but is the wisest decision? I don't think so.
If it is truly "bad" (erroneous-misleading-false-dangerous-unhealthy for animals and/or humans etc..should it be left here (or anywhere) or unchallenged, for some unsuspecting 'newbie' to find and incorporate in their backyard farm?
I have, over the years, seen quite a bit of "information" posted here, that fits the above descriptions, but it's still here for some young 4H/FFA member to read, or some city folk moving to a rural 'farm life' to find.
Just because a dish is served on a table doesn't mean it's actually palatable.