Our Spring/Summer Show Season is Underway =) Nationals Time!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
We're back and had LOADS of fun!

We came home with 14 combined Grands and Reserves! I'll post photos and details soon!!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
HM FF Glamorous - Grand Champion Jr Doe, Reserve Grand, 2x1st. Scratched her day 2 since she earned her leg on day 1.
HoosierSpringClassic2011129.jpg

HM BBB Tambora - Reserve Grand Champion Jr Doe, 3x1st 1x2nd
HoosierSpringClassic2011138.jpg

KC CVF Black Velvet - Grand Champion Sr Dry Doe, THREE times Reserve Grand Champion, 4x1st
HoosierSpringClassic2011147.jpg

OS Blue Bella - THREE times Grand Champion Sr Dry Doe, Reserve Grand, 4x1st
HoosierSpringClassic2011149.jpg

HM RS Pigeon - 2x1st yearling milker, 2x3rd
HoosierSpringClassic2011074crop.jpg

OA Princess Wolfgang - 1x3rd, 3x4th 2 year old milker
HoosierSpringClassic2011086.jpg

FC Lady Godiva - didn't make top 5
HoosierSpringClassic2011081.jpg

HM FF Will I Am - 2x1st 2x2nd
HoosierSpringClassic2011141.jpg

HM FF Bombero - 1x1st, 2x2nd, 1x3rd
HoosierSpringClassic2011143.jpg

HM F Flamin' Ace - Reserve Grand Champion Jr Buck, 1x1st, 3x3rd
HoosierSpringClassic2011146.jpg

HM C Heza D Lux - 1x3rd, 1x4th, 2x5th
HoosierSpringClassic2011162.jpg

HM TM NeYo - 2x3rd, 1x4th, 1x5th
HoosierSpringClassic2011158.jpg

Fire Flame - Grand Champion Sr Buck, Reserve Grand, 3x1st 1x2nd
HoosierSpringClassic2011150.jpg

CHW Baywatch's Rider on the Storm - Puffed up on us, DQ'ed both days for height. Measured 22 1/4" outside the ring, then went over as soon as we entered the ring. GRR
HoosierSpringClassic2011154.jpg

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nice lineup! I'm absolutely loving Glamorous. I'll bet she ends up with outstanding body capacity as she matures... she's already looking fab as a junior! :thumbsup

carolinagirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So cool!! What nice animals.

Can I ask a question? I guess they are shaved so the judges can see their body, right? And how long does it take to shave a goat? Are all show goats shaved or just the hairy varieties?

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
carolinagirl said:
Can I ask a question? I guess they are shaved so the judges can see their body, right? And how long does it take to shave a goat? Are all show goats shaved or just the hairy varieties?
Yep, you shave them to better show conformation/structure. You don't HAVE to but it's (IMO) disrespectful to show up at a competition with hairy dairy goats. (Clipping them is primarily a dairy goat 'thing').

Doesn't take me more than 30 minutes per animal, except for the finish trim...

Nicki said:
I'm absolutely loving Glamorous. I'll bet she ends up with outstanding body capacity as she matures... she's already looking fab as a junior!
Glam blew me out of the water when I clipped her! You know, you look at a hairy bottle baby for months and it kinda gets ordinary looking to you...well...I do believe that is the nicest little doe we've EVER produced!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
helmstead said:
carolinagirl said:
Yep, you shave them to better show conformation/structure. You don't HAVE to but it's (IMO) disrespectful to show up at a competition with hairy dairy goats. (Clipping them is primarily a dairy goat 'thing').

Doesn't take me more than 30 minutes per animal, except for the finish trim...

Nicki said:
I'm absolutely loving Glamorous. I'll bet she ends up with outstanding body capacity as she matures... she's already looking fab as a junior!
Glam blew me out of the water when I clipped her! You know, you look at a hairy bottle baby for months and it kinda gets ordinary looking to you...well...I do believe that is the nicest little doe we've EVER produced!
I won't disagree with you there! She's the type of doe that really demands attention in the ring I'll bet. Very, very nice work. :)

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Congrats, that's some pile o' ribbons you brought home, I'll bet.
Well done! :clap

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Well we have another show this coming weekend about an hour away from us. It will be our first time going here...an ADGA sanctioned jr/sr doe show. The rules changed this year, so I can't show AGS papered goats there, and not all of my herd is ADGA yet so I don't have a lot to take (finally got all the transfer records I needed from AGS in today's mail so I can finish my paperwork).

So, my short list for this weekend:
Juniors
HM F Hannah's Last
HM Flame's Phoebe
HM BBB Tambora
HM M Dulce (probably still as a jr, I don't think she'll kid this week)
WF HMG TaDa (Nubian)
maybe HM TM Fergie, since she's still here

Seniors
HM RS Pigeon
OA Princess Wolfgang
WF HMG Loira (Nubian)