Our Spring/Summer Show Season is Underway =) Nationals Time!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
lilhill said:
Great show results, Kate. Congratulations!!! On Rider, trim his feet the next time up to his knees and he can't puff up so much when he goes into the ring. :lol: Bad, bad boy!
:lol:

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
nurturingnaturally said:
How short do you trim when you do the belly in a dairy trim? How far forward on their belly do you trim?
I use a #10 blade against the growth, and you go forward on the belly to where the hair changes growth direction.

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats on a great show!!! They are all looking sooooo good all clipped up and slick. :drool

I just love how dairy NeYo is btw. :love Feel free to ship him on over here any time. ;) ;) ;)

Tracy

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Thanks Tracy :) NeYo is such a cool guy - he is the ideal blending of his sire and dam. I am STILL kicking myself for selling his full sister! Bet she's a knockout. NeYo has those things that are really hard to find in bucks - the long neck and the small stature - that should serve our breeding program well. His paternal lines are slow to mature, but take one look at his daddy (Nicki has him now) and you see the maturation at 2 years is wonderful and worth the wait.

Today's clipping day. Have 3 to re-clip from last weekend and the rest are all fuzzy, so I'm gonna be covered in hair and sore in the back LOL by dinner time.

I can't wait to see Lassie (Hannah's preemie doe) and Phoebe clipped! If Glamorous was any indication, I think I'm going to be very excited again!!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here's NeYo's sire Merlot, looking a little grown out! We are so, so grateful that Kate let us have him! :bow

11-7.jpg