Pics of my new Kune Kune pigs So Cute!

Cricket

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They are adorable--LOVE that long hair! I got Tam/Berk crosses last fall and they did really well with grazing until the ground partially froze, then they found the joy of throwing clods up. Seems as though pasture pigs are more relaxed and fun.

Don't worry about the ADD/Dyslexia here! I work on a family farm where everyone but me has it--I'm getting to the point where it really doesn't matter where the letters are in a word. (And they assure me I'm ADD, just too old to have been diagnosed. All these years I thought I was multi-tasking and doing poorly at it--who knew!)

Can't wait to see pictures when you have piglets--they must be tiny!

Bonbean--look on CL sometime if you want some confusion on pig terms! "Healthy pink guilts and bores".

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup Cricket...you are so right...gotta love on CL when they are selling a goat and you look at the photo and it is a wool breed sheep :lol:

cat1994

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Cricket said:
They are adorable--LOVE that long hair! I got Tam/Berk crosses last fall and they did really well with grazing until the ground partially froze, then they found the joy of throwing clods up. Seems as though pasture pigs are more relaxed and fun.

Don't worry about the ADD/Dyslexia here! I work on a family farm where everyone but me has it--I'm getting to the point where it really doesn't matter where the letters are in a word. (And they assure me I'm ADD, just too old to have been diagnosed. All these years I thought I was multi-tasking and doing poorly at it--who knew!)

Can't wait to see pictures when you have piglets--they must be tiny!

Bonbean--look on CL sometime if you want some confusion on pig terms! "Healthy pink guilts and bores".
I love their long hair too! I think I'll buy a brush for them, they love getting belly rubs so I'm sure they will enjoy a good brushing every now and then. I'm keeping an eye out for any rooting and really they don't seem to unless they are rooting in their straw bedding. Their noses are so short I can't really see them doing much. They are very easy going and very brave they don't seem to be shy around anything.

I'm pretty fortunate when comes to my ADD and Dyslexia, I have very understanding friends lol I no longer have to take medication for my ADD and as long as I have spell check my Dyslexia isn't that bad :rolleyes:

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cat, one of my sisters has the same thing...spell check is her friend for sure at work! Before computers and spell check, my other sister and I edited her stuff when going to University and that worked out just fine.

As for the rest of us...her family...we are so used to it that we can read her writing now easily and hardly notice it...so...no worries :)

Glad to have you on Backyard Herds!

cat1994

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
More pics of my girls Gala and Fuji

2970_csc_1510.jpg

2970_dsc_1503.jpg

2970_dsc_1501.jpg

cuteincamo

Just born
Reaction score
Oh My goodness they are so cute! I may just have to find me a couple!!! SHH don't tell my husband! lol!

Royd Wood

Reaction score
Cat - they are fantastic - thanks for the pics and I couldn't care less about spelling / punc - great to have you here

Cornish Heritage

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Those are cool looking pigs! Look forward to hearing how they turn out & what you think of the meat later on down the road.

Liz

Latest posts