Please close thread

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, hun, honestly.............ya done good.

Yes your fist shot was a nice shot of the chair. But you learned from it.

Focus can be tricky, even with an automatic camera. Sometimes, it helps to put someones hand RIGHT in front of the subject to give the camera a solid object to focus. You could also use an index card, or piece of paper.

Kinda hard to do that while your holding a camera with one hand and a rabbit with the other, huh? lol

Look closely at your second picture. See the rabbit's eyes? NOtice the bright white part in the eyes? The reflective "glint" so to speak? This is called a "catch light" and its a very good thing!. Professionals aim to get a catch light in there shots, it adds depth and dimension to the eye, give your subject life.

I know that you weren't aiming for that "catch light", but still, good job! (You can purposely achieve the catchlight by using your flash, even set on "fill flash", or you can often add a catch light by making the area directly behind you dark except for one small bright light.

Read up on composition..........get out of the center of that frame and get a little funky with your angles. It's not about the perfect picture, its about having fun, and having the picture show off YOUR vision.

Break some rules and get crazy with it!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thanks RTG! Bit proud of that second pic if I say so myself. Understand the "catch light" too. See what you were saying.

Going to read up on composition! And get more Cheerios! :)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
2seth2 said:
cheerios are key :lol:
Got to go with your strengths, lol. Especially with a wiggly wabbit! Working hard to get my Willard photographed (want good pics) for your contest. Willard's a Cheerio kind of guy too, thank heavens! :)

DKRabbitry

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Rabbits do like to be challenging subjects, but cheerios is a good idea! I will have to try that one :D
When I am photographing rabbits, it is EASIEST if DH is there to help. He holds the bunny in place, I get the focus all set then tell him "okay" and he moves his hands and I snap photo. Buuuuut, as luck would have it, I like to take pictures more than DH likes to hold rabbits. So, what I have to resort to doing is posing the bunny and holding the it with one hand myself, putting up the camera, setting the focus, then moving my hand and snapping the photo. Of course, that is for posed photos. More *natural* poses I just sort of sit back, let the bunny relax, and hope it doesn't do a crazy-ninja-bunny dive off the table. Oh yes... it has happened before.... :lol:

Little One

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
DKRabbitry said:
... and hope it doesn't do a crazy-ninja-bunny dive off the table.
:gig In my head, I saw a bunny doing a jumping back flip off a table holding a mini samauri sword.

Ms. Research- I love the close up of the black bunny. All he needs now is a new background/surroundings to model for you in! Maybe something more natural like grass or fall leaves.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Tried Manual Tonight. As always my favorite subject was very cooperative. More relaxed in his environment.

My focus point was his eye.

4459_bunnys_333.jpg

4459_bunnys_335.jpg

BTW, also working on smaller pics. Sorry, still learning. :idunno

Latest posts