Please HELP! 2 year old Wether Stuggling to pee! GOOD UPDATE!!

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
O.K. 2 tablespoons Fruit fresh and 2 oz. of lemon juice every 4 hours right? And for how long?
I have that! Mixed it up and going in to drench...just waiting to make sure thats right. I ordered ammonium chloride from Jeffers overnight delivery as well.

Wish me luck!

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ALSO... No Benimine! Can I give him anything here from home for pain? Asprin (uncoated) ?

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The key is going to be if you can get a urine stream going, If there is a total blockage you will have to get him to a vet for him to discuss surgery with you.

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/stones.htm here are detailed directions on treating with ammonia chloride,

treat for 24 hours until urine flow is regained and then once a day for atleast a week. After urine flow is regained you can offer hay and water. Ofcourse this is the direction of Ammonia Choride, but I am assuming it would be the same.

Good LUck!!! :fl

I wouldn't offer any extra water, or feed until you get urine flow, Or you will just cause his bladder to fill up faster. If you are willing to do the surgery for him, and can not get the urine flowing, I would be on the phone begging the vet to get you in for an appointment before thursday.

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wellll....THAT was FUN!!! :rant
Update:
Gave Chico 2oz. lemon juice w/2 TBS. Fruit Fresh, 2 (200mg.) crushed Ibuprofin mixed in and GAGGED him with a Turkey Baster! :sick
(He stepped on my drencher our first go round of "battle" and broke it.) So when in a pinch...That old turkey baster worked great!
He does not seem to be in any pain and is as ornery as ever! He was NOT a happy camper! :somad
I still have not seen him urinate.
And I will repeat every 4 hours...minus the Ibuprofin...that every 8 hours. Does that sound about right?

I did read up on the whole pizzle surgery...but as soon as it said to "place goat on his back"...I stopped.
Chico is "around" 225 lbs. (according to a tape measure) of pissed off Nubian Goat. The only one placed on their back would be ME!
So...Not even an option, as I live alone and have no help for THAT job alone.
He is not eating or drinking as of yet.
I will recieve my order from Jeffers tommorrow morning, but untill then is there anything else I can provide for him. All that I have on hand is what I have and cannot get out to go to town.

Thank you all so much for your help...even if hes not feeling better yet :fl...You have all made me feel like Im not so alone out here in the middle of nowhere! And your advice and prayers are immeasurable! :hugs

My lump o` love...Chico :love
2273_chico_butt_rub.jpg

redtailgal

Reaction score
I dont have much to contribute.......am doing more learning from this thread than anything. I still wanted to say that I am rooting for your and Chico. He looks like a sweety!

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
normally when they have UC the sheath area is very messy looking and a little irritated looking, From the urine coming out slowly, "like a drippy faucet building up calcium on the outside of it" before the complete blockage occurs, are you seeing any signs of this? Atleast in my experience this is what I have seen.

I am so sorry you are unable to get out to a vet.

I am sure the lemon juice did not make it any easier to drench.

I just don't want you thinking it is UC and it ends up being parasites or something else causing him to be off feed.

but it sounds like you are quit capable of telling if he is peeing or not, just wanted to make sure.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
On the ibuprofen: Ibuprofen(liquid) 2x childrens dose by weight orally (Do NOT use more than 48 hours)
Of course you can use the tablets but you should figure out the by weight dosage .

Have a look at his penal sheath too. It could be an infection and not necessarily UC. Here's a thread I had a while back that ended up being a penal shaft infection and affected my buck's ability to pee. There are pictures. http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=101425#p101425

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you Redtailedgal! He truley is one obnoxious boy to everyone but me! And I adore him!

20kidsonahill and elevan: His "sheath area" is clean and dry a a bone. I am unable to crawl under him and press "IT" :idunno out so to speak...on account of his lovely set of horns!
Which he thinks fit perfectly between my 3rd and 4th rib! :rantJERK!...but I know I havent exactlly been bringing him cookies to feed him this morning so he sees me comming and scruff goes up and head drops down , pupils dialate cuz he thinks "game on!" :ep
He was wormed with his second dose (10 days after the first) of GoatGuard 3 weeks ago along with my other 2 Does.
What else would cause him to not be urinating?

Chico will be 2 years old in 2 days as well and nothing has changed in his diet for over a year. Would this happen overnight like it seems to have? He was castrated very young as well...6 weeks old. Way too early I know! Can this be a contributing factor?

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
rooting for you and chico I hope all goes well my buck is still a baby (6 months)and thinks it's fun to run between my legs :barnie I will say no more. :th

keep us posted.