Please HELP! 2 year old Wether Stuggling to pee! GOOD UPDATE!!

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thank you all for your support, prayers and well wishes! AND...understanding my "DUTIES" as a Goat Mama.
My Fiance` on the other hand, wants to know how he can get UI :smack

(Sorry...I just had to add that)

Chico is doing great as of this morning and proudly takes his stance and shows off his strong pee stream :weee
My ammonium chloride arrived this morning and he will be getting 1 TBS. daily on his 1/2 cup of grain.
So no more Fruit Fresh & Lemon juice drenches for him...I never saw a 225 lb. fat goat run so fast as he did when he saw me comming with the Turkey Baster!:rant

B.T.W. When I was "massaging" Chico, It felt like sand was inside. Could this have been crystals of some sort? Or is that what "it" normally feels like?

Dont be scared all you Goat penis experts! Inquiring minds want to know. :gig

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
daily dosage is recommended to be 1 teaspoon per 150lbs of animal, I think 1 tablespoon a day is a quit a bit. maybe for a week or two it would be okay, but then I would cut back to half that amount. 1 1/2 teaspoons daily.

AC can be overdosed.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have no experience with UC but my understanding is it crystalizes the urine. So if it felt like sand, I have to think yup, it was UC. Makes me think that you did help out, maybe by dislodging some of the particles.

Good for you doing what you needed to do to save your boy! So glad he is doing better.

Chicos Mama

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Chico showing off his winter garb! (Goats in Coats!)

2273_sir_chico.jpg

Chico & Violet love their coats!

2273_moms_idea.jpg

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Feeding the AC over the grain is likely going to be a waste. It's been my experience that they'll eat the grain and the AC will fall to the bottom of the pan and they will not touch it. Better to drench it.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Elevan is right.........I've tried feeding ac over the grain as a supplement. Every bit of it was wasted.

Someone recommended that I "swirl" it in their water......I do and that works great.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
elevan said:
Feeding the AC over the grain is likely going to be a waste. It's been my experience that they'll eat the grain and the AC will fall to the bottom of the pan and they will not touch it. Better to drench it.
I am under the impression she is feeding sweet-feed, but if not, you will need to add a little moisture to the feed to get the AC to stick. and not end up in the bottom of your feeder.