Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
I'm glad Mama is doing better. I'm going to have a bunch of Feb kids too. :/

Does she pass her size to her kids?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Yes she does pass her size on to her kids, which I love about her. She doesn't pass as much of her length to her kids but she passes the height and the big bones. (I actually don't like the long body of a dairy goat. It worries me for aging animals. I think it has a potential for back problems, especially with pack goats.)

Mama handles large kids very well. Plus she is the best Mama ever. She also passes on a very nice udder and high milk volume. Nice teats and good attachment. Her udder looks terrible but that is because of a bad case of mastitis that went untreated with a previous owner.

Her oldest kid is now as tall at the shoulder as she is. He has a nice long dairy body. He's still a skinny gawky looking buck but I think when he gets to be about 4 years old he is going to be a mammoth big boy. His horns are HUGE. (which in the dairy buck world is a pretty good indicator of final size.)

Her great grandson (Nubian, Oberhauslie, and Alpine) is also turning out to be a really big boy as is is sister who is a beauty of a dairy doe. Both are big and sturdy. I like their body style better. It is a bit more compact and sturdy. But I have to say, the doe is a pretty girl and she does give a LOT of milk.

I am hoping that with a kiko in the mix I will get some really beautiful robust kids. I'd like to see some nice sturdy strong kids with great dairy lines and nice meat lines along with the size and temperament that Mama has. Mama is a gentle giant.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Rumors and gossip are like the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
They start out with someone telling a tall tale to boost their standing, status or fix some imagined slight.
But like the legend, they take off with no head in the dark of night.

They gallop along, unguided running this way and that
Then they take on a new form and grow fast, like a child.
They go on unhindered adding lie upon lie until they become vicious and wild.

The teller may get some thrill or feeling of vengence
From the telling and retelling of a rumor to each aquantance and friend
But finally when the rumor has taken its toll, It will start on down an incline and go round the bend.

In final analysis, the person most hurt
Will be the original teller, who made up the wild tales
No one will respect her, her cruel joke will ultimately fail.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I have a new beau. He is wonderful and I am VERY happy with him. More information later. But he likes me and he likes my goats. He is very special.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
I have a new beau. He is wonderful and I am VERY happy with him. More information later. But he likes me and he likes my goats. He is very special.
Definately sounds like a good thing. :thumbsup

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I have known him for quite a while, and we are friends, but the friendship blossomed into more than friends over time. He took the initial step. I was hesitant at first to even believe someone that wonderful would like ME and kept waiting for the other shoe to drop! LOL. But it is grown and developed into something wonderful and sweet and more than I could have ever hoped for.

He is gentle, sweet, kind, exciting, intelligent, interesting. He and I have a LOT in common as far as life experiences and understanding. Our philosophies are dead on. Politics are in sync. He is sensitive and brings out the best in me. And he makes me smile and laugh.

I would take a bullet for him. I want to protect him and care for him. I know he feels the same.
Not an overnight development, but gradual. However, not slow either. It just kind of hit me. He's the one. I can see myself with him years from now, no matter what. And then I made sure.

How's that for amazing?

This is how the whole thing makes me feel... :weee

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Not only does he love the goats, he thinks we should have more. He loves the babies especially. You should see him with the babies.