Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
It is amazing how the sweetness of someone wonderful in your life can take away all the pain of the twits in the world. He is so positive that I see the sun in his eyes even on the most cloudy day.

I have had my share recently of people spreading rumors about me that aren't true, misinterpreting what I say and calling me all sorts of horrible things to my face and behind my back, and telling a whopper of a tale to others to try and garner support for their anger.

But all of that has lost it's importance because of this one wonderful man who is helping me see that those people just need to be forgiven and left to do their own healing because they must be in a lot of their own personal pain. I don't need to add to their pain by interacting with them and I don't need to take any pain from them.

Wow, Life is an adventure. Live it with people who are positive and bring joy to your life.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
And there is joy in goats! And kids and lambs and kitties and dogs. Not squirrels, though, who lately steal all the eggs from my chickens.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
What??? Squirrels steal chicken eggs??? I did not know that and we have way too many squirrels around here :ep
Yes and they scrunch them up and leave a big mess along with a million acorns.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I love when people are in love! :love

So happy for you Queen Mum. Sounds like a great beginning to a wonderful relationship. :clap

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Speaking of LOVE... There is Houdini and his unrequited love for Mama. He has been escaping his enclosure in an endless effort to mate with her. She continues to reject him most cruelly. Lately she tolerates his overtures of love by allowing him to walk beside her when the goats go out to graze and endlessly blow raspberries on her neck, but nothing more is allowed. She turns around, head butts him away and if he doesn't stop trying to mount her, she rolls him over, several times if necessary. The poor little guy is settling for being her constant companion of late.

Mama has also taken to giving her buckling kids a stern warning about smelling her pee and looking too amorous in her direction. She will have NONE OF THAT from them, including last years buckling.

She has already been bred by Ian and is NOT in heat, but it is rutt season and the boys are in full swing. You can't walk by the buck pen without being bowled over by the sweet soapy smell of buck pheromones.

My little doelings are next, but I have been keeping a close eye on them. They are MUCH too small and way too young.