Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no Queen Mum! You sound like you are in a LOT of pain. I hope you get some kind of relief soon. :hugs

Can you get out to see a Dr.? Maybe a shot of cortisone would help. I don't know if that would be something you would be allergic to or not.

I'm hoping you get better soon! :fl

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Bridgemoof said:
Oh no Queen Mum! You sound like you are in a LOT of pain. I hope you get some kind of relief soon. :hugs

Can you get out to see a Dr.? Maybe a shot of cortisone would help. I don't know if that would be something you would be allergic to or not.

I'm hoping you get better soon! :fl
Allergic to cortisone too! ARGH! Fire ants. I am considering fire ants! However, I do know that nitrous oxide works (laughing gas) and I may go ask for some tomorrow. That is what they used last time I had surgery. One dose and it works for 8 lovely hours. Just the same dose that they use at the denitist. And it doesn't make you feel all drugged out either.

I'm torn between laying down and sitting up. It seems that when I lay down, the pain gets better as long as I don't move an inch. But then once I get up it's worse as if laying down somehow is aggravating things. The longer I am up, the better my mobility is, but I still hurt really bad to the point that I need to lay down to releive the pressure and get the feeling back into my leg. But sitting up also keeps my mind off of things and lets me browse the internet and get some work done, like folding laundry. It's a conundrum. Rest and relief or activity and distraction.

What I really need is to find out why my back hurts and then get some physical therapy to make it better. I'm a big fan of not hurting, but an even bigger fan of not hurting because it's fixed. I can tolerate any amount of pain, if I know I can make it better in the long run.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
You poor thing!!!! Back pain is awful and I hope you find relief soon!!!! :hugs
Better today. Not all better, but I can move much better. I took some naprosyn last night and this morning. I took a larger dose than normal, but it really helped and I used ICE all night long. I can stand up for much longer than yesterday. I must be on the mend. I went out with the goats and even filled their water tank.

YAY!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I use the thermacare wraps a lot. They are wonderful. But you shouldn't use heat until a few days after hurting yourself. I hope you feel better.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Thanks. Therma care wraps. I assume that is a heat wrap? Sounds so good right now. I appreciate the tip. I decided to try and stay OUT of bed today and that helped a lot. I think it must be a pulled muscle and a pinched nerve. So, from what I know about that movement is necessary to keep things from stiffening up. Gentle slow careful non stressful movement. That is what I have been doing all day. Then ice in between. Seems to be helping.

Thanks everyone for your support.

My goats helped today too. They kept me active. Of course. Little Perl is done being in heat for at least 15 days, I hope. Ah her virtue, I think is safe for now. If not, I will have to get some lute. She is just five months old. Mr. Houdini may have gotten to her but I am hoping he didn't. We shall see in 15 to 21 days.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Much better today! I got some medicine at the doctor and it is helping. I am sleeping a little better now that it is cold. Also managed to get in and out of the tub which really helped. Nothing like a nice HOT bath.

The goats are all behaving well too. Perl is no longer in heat so everyone can be out together during browse time. AND the neighbor farmer agreed to leave his milo field up for a couple more weeks before plowing it under so the goats can browse it. AND the soy corners were left for them too browse as well. Whoo HOO! The boys love the soy. The girls love the Milo. They all love the purple hull peas. There is about 200 plus acres in all for them to browse.

AND DBF is doing well right now as well. Life is good.

I also heard from the wife of the guy who took my truck. He is supposedly in "recovery" and seeking a higher power to clean up. Maybe he will pay restitution to my son. I hope so. I haven't heard from him. THANK GOD! But if I do, he has some serious explaining to do. He hurt a lot of people with his addiction. I say a prayer for him and his family every night. And I wish him a good recovery.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So glad you are feeling better QM! What kind of medicine did the Dr. give you that was safe to take?

You sound much better and much perkier tonight!

That sounds like a sweet deal with your neighbors letting your goats browse. Often times when we're driving around and I see a pasture vacant with lush grass I sigh and wish my sheep had it! We have a property next to us, the old guy who owns it has been in a retirement home in NC for years. We've asked him numerous times if we can lease the land from him to let our animals graze and he always says no. It's 30 acres that adjoin ours and would be so sweet! But no :( You are so lucky!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
The medicine is a muscle relaxant, but it doesn't make you sleepy. They did an MRI today because of some other issues that have come up and I will see what the results are next week. In the meantime, I am just happy to be back on my feet.

And the land belongs to my landlords friend. they all like my goats because they eat the weeds. AND because I keep them away from the crops till after harvest.

I love the autumn colors.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad you are feeling better!!! Trick now is to not overdo it when you start feeling better...can set you back big time...been there, done that.

I need to do something about my back ... any muscle relaxant I've tried has zonked me and I hate that...don't care to be a zombie, but don't care for this back pain either. Of course taking a fall on the dock didn't help much either :rolleyes:

Take good care and don't overdo it...so tempting when you've been down and now start to feel better :hugs