Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
So glad you are feeling better!!! Trick now is to not overdo it when you start feeling better...can set you back big time...been there, done that.

I need to do something about my back ... any muscle relaxant I've tried has zonked me and I hate that...don't care to be a zombie, but don't care for this back pain either. Of course taking a fall on the dock didn't help much either :rolleyes:

Take good care and don't overdo it...so tempting when you've been down and now start to feel better :hugs
Will do Bonnie. I am going to take it slow. One step at a time.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
It was cold last night. It is going to get even colder in the weeks to come. I am not looking forward to that. I have a heater but I don't dare use it. My electric bill is WAY too high and I can't pay it now as it is. UGH!

BUT my goats have a nice warm place to live. And my chickens are cozy. That is good. Winter, here it comes.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I was cleaning the tool room today and there it was. A HUGE PILE OF RAT STUFF! Fluffed up torn up socks and rope and other fluffy stinking rat nest stuff. Along with other things stolen by a BIG RAT that is living in my house and stealing things for it's rat nest.

1156_rats.jpg

I want the rat to go away and not come back.

Did I mention?

1156_rats.jpg

They are ugly and nasty and smelly and destructive. They steal stuff and ruin it and did I mention that they make HUGE messes.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh tell me about it! They're awful! We used to have a rat infestation in our barn. Then one morning I found a HUGE dead rat in my goats' hay feeder!! It was about one foot long and fat :sick! That was the last straw so I bought "Just One Bite Bar" rat poison and I haven't seen another rat out there in about a year :lol:

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I put poison out and there it was, all tucked in to the rat's nest with the other fluffy stuff, nice and woven in. I guess they are saving it for later...

1156_rats.jpg

Maybe they are going to try and poison my kitty with it.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Each Fall I used to grab a chair and my shotgun and head for the field. Wait and shoot. I'm very good at pegging off rats. They must have taken the hint as we haven't had a huge problem the past few years. Though it used to be really really bad.

eta: I know a shotgun is a little bit of overkill for rats but it brings great satisfaction. :p

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate rats too...and mice...thought you Queen Mum when I saw a news story last night about Hurricane Sandy and the water flooding New York's tunnels and subways...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many rats swimming for higher ground...eek :ep

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Several years ago we had a rat invasion...they are beyond gross!:(

We put off putting out poison for a long time (we have so many animals that we didn't want one to get into it), but we finally had to cave and go at them with poison. Thank goodness it worked.
And yes, hubby did the target shooting too. :cool:

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Fly Bait in Coke. Be careful, all the critters will love it so make sure none of the cats, dogs, ect can get anywhere near it.

We had a rat issue at my place in the city. They got into the wood pile. I sat out there at dusk with a suppressed .22 and took them out. It is hard to hit a rat with a .22 pistol.