Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
Sorry about your arthritis, but glad the MRI did not show something worse! My back arthritis started at an early age...I'm paying for all the stupid stunts I did when I was younger and I really dinged my back training horses when I was in highschool...spent several weeks in traction...my fault, not the horse's. So instead of a back surgery to fuse 3 vertebrae I used gentle yoga and hot baths. Hope something works for you! :hugs
You know, yoga sounds like a good idea! :)

I take a ton of medicine now as it is. I hate the idea of taking more. I would rather "persuade" my back to just be more flexible. I don't know how realistic that is, but it is certainly worth a try.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Wow! Helped out at a benefit dinner and silent Auction last night for a young man and his wife who both have cancer. It was a resounding success! The dinner was great and there were more than 500 people who turned out, ate, bid on the auction and had a good time.

We made a ton of money on the auction. We also had a bake sale and a raffle for a beautiful quilt. Local businesses in Prairie County, Arkansas were incredibly generous with donations as were the people who bid. I had fun baking a cranberry ginger, chocolate mousse trifle for the auction and donate an unneeded musical instrument as well, both of which went for great prices.

It was really great to meet the people in the area and see all the folks who were willing to lend a helping hand to this young couple who are struggling with the double whammy of both having been diagnosed with cancer at the same time.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well in my neighborhood, everyone leaves their dogs off leash. Most of those dogs stay home, but a few of them roam around. NO ONE NEUTERS their dogs and cats around here. This upsets me to no end. BECAUSE there are constantly and various animals in heat or stages of pregnancy and delivery. It results in a lot of feral animals (mostly males) roaming around and the dogs form packs. And the others roaming are pregnant females abandoned because the owners don't want to deal with puppies and kittens.

A friend recently adopted one of those animals. She was a lovely dog who was pregnant. She was very well mannered. This nice family decided to let her welp her pups and then neuter and spay all of the pups an, take them to the humane society and keep the mama after she was spayed. I volunteer at a spay neuter clinic said I would help if she needed any. The pups were born a week ago.

Today I got a frantic call from my friend. The local dog pack was at her house attacking and killing her dog (the mama). She was terribly upset. She was traumatized and sad and angry. When they were done, She chased them off. I went over and fished the puppies out from under the barn. Five nice little pups with no Mama. So I guess I'm a mama for the next 7 weeks.

The thing that frosts my cookies is these particular dogs have bitten three people. They actually belong to folks in the neighborhood. AND now they have formed a pack. The next thing they kill might be a child. None of them are neutered.

I advised my friend to call the sheriff and report the incident. And if they come back to shoot the dogs on sight. If it were me, I would have been at the owner's doors this afternoon with the sheriff demanding that they kennel the dogs until animal control came.

HankTheTank

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hugs

People can be dumb with their animals. I hope Animal Control can take care of things and I'm sorry about your friends dog :/ You both are doing a great thing by taking in the pups

Have people tried to do anything about the feral dogs and cats before now?

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is sooo sad. That is just wrong. I hope they get nabbed. Wild dog packs are a very frightening thing!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
HankTheTank said:
:hugs

People can be dumb with their animals. I hope Animal Control can take care of things and I'm sorry about your friends dog :/ You both are doing a great thing by taking in the pups

Have people tried to do anything about the feral dogs and cats before now?
I don't know what people do, but I do know they complain to each other a LOT. Few are willing to take action till someone gets hurt.

I just wish more would neuter and spay. It would solve SO many problems.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Wow that is really bad. Growing up, my uncle had a farm jost on the edge of town. The last year, he raised hogs, a pack of dog (all of these were family pets intown) decided one night to visit Uncle Bill's Hog pen, hogs were young. 3 Hogs dead, the rest had to be put down due to their injuries. Good news, Uncle Bill's neighbor and brother-in-law heard the noise and 4 of the 5 dogs never made it off the property. Animal control was called, police was called. The owner's of the dogs refused to believe that their dog could do something like that. Some people do not understand the animals that they keep and are not willing educate themselves.

Glad you are taking in these puppies. Good luck! I am sure you will do fine.