Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully the piglets will recover. And your relationship with the landowner will remain intact.

Maybe you can doctor the pigs on the sly. Just to make sure they have a chance.

Would the landowner think about putting hot wire around the pen to keep dogs out.

My dog ran into hot wire and has decided its bad stuff. Stays away from it now.

I'm sorry you lost your dog. It ain't easy doing something like that.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well, I did doctor the pigs and they are doing OK. Hot wire, Didn't think of that. That, in my opinion would be a good idea!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
One of Mama's babies is sick. Pneumonia, I think. She is listless and walking with a hunched back. Seems to have "lumpy" breathing. It's no rattly or wheezy, but her breathing doesn't sound right. I brought her in for the night, (been tons of rain) and am bottle feeding her. I gave her Pen G.

Cross your fingers folks, she is a cute little doeling and very sweet.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Brownie babies TWIN BUCKLINGS
Clearly these are Trump Card Babies...
One big one and one small one...

1156_browniebabies.jpg

Baby 1 - 8.4 pounds

1156_brownie_baby_1.jpg

Baby 2 - 6.5 pounds

1156_brownie_baby_2.jpg

Mama's girl is doing well, but doesn't understand nursing on her Mama. She is a bottle baby now.
The buckling is also a bottle baby...

Brownies kids will be dam raised for the first month or so, then switched to the bottle.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Mama had triplets and the smallest of them is Sweet Pea.

1156_sweet_pea2.jpg

She started out really well, but something went wrong and I noticed on day 2 that she was walking hunched up and barely moving. I thought she had pneumonia. SO pulled her to bottle feed. Her breathing improved but other than that, she just didn't get any better. Her pasterns were very weak and I gave her BoSe, Vitamin B, some probios and extra collostrum. I also started her on Pen G. Nothing worked. I could see NO evidence of a specific disease at all except that she progressively got weaker in her little front left leg. I suspected Navel Ill, but didn't see any outward signs other than the one weak front leg. All along she has been eating and peeing and pooping just fine...

Today she was in obvious pain and her front knees were swollen so I took her to the vet. Navel Ill. He drained the fluid from her knees and injected antibiotics into both front joint capsules. She is on a different antibiotic.

I routinely use iodine on the navels of all my babies and clean them very well. But you can't guarantee that they won't get an infection. I really am upset at myself for not taking her to the vet earlier. (Like several days ago.) My babies can't tell me where it hurts...

I won't make that mistake again...

She stood up in her bed tonight and talked to me... She is a little trooper...