Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just checkin on ya today. Very glad you are so pleased with Trump Card's new owner. I know it was hard for every breeder I got my goats from but my babies sure have made me happy and they have lots of people to love and care for them. I try to remind myself of that when I start thinking of selling kids. :D

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Selling goats is always in the plan. I take that in stride. Got to make room for the new babies that are due soon. But one does get attached. The key to selling painlessly is finding good homes for those sold. The lady that bought my boy is good people.

This has been kind of a tough week for me though. Lots happening on the home front. (Southern front.) DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA, RUMORS flying everywhere. Hooda thunkit~? In such a small town that so much drama could come from so few people in such a tiny little place? Worse than Peyton Place!

If oxygen was generated from Rumors and drama, we would all be blind due to excess oxygenation.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Those 'small towns' are the WORST for drama! Nothing else to do. Everyone in everyone's business...THINKING this or that. Don't let it get you down!

At one of my past jobs I was apparently sleeping with everyone...even the married guys! Man! I would've been EXHAUSTED by what these 'ladies' were having me doing! One even called to 'see how I was doing...if I was "down" from all the gossip'! I informed her that if SOME (old) people spent all that energy actually DOING their JOBS, instead of making stuff up, they wouldn't be intimidated by the fact I got my job done! The rumors stopped and they left me alone after that!

Pathetic...really pathetic. Chin up Queen!

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
anytime! :hugs
just remember...if you weren't awesome...they'd have NO REASON to be jealous of you!
Some people need to mind their OWN business/homes. Those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones!
:hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Hard day today. More drama based on rumor and innuendo. I'm not the center of any of it. I'm just helping someone else and getting caught in the middle as a buffer. But there you have it. It will be better as the mirrors fall and the smoke blows away. This evening I had a great time, channeling local silliness and buffoonery with a friend. In the meantime, little Perl is going to a new home tomorrow. I am excited for her, but sad at the same time. The new buyer is excited to have her.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Well, Perl is away at a new home. She went with her usually noise. When we got to the exchange point, she didn't want to come out of the cage. But she is probably being spoiled rotten about now. The lady who wanted to buy her had to be told she was sold, because her dad bought her as a surprise and drove 3 hours to pick her up. (What a nice dad!)

I'm going to miss her, but I know she will be loved.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Last night - 9 pm Big red sign on the computer - Take Cover! Tornado

We scrambled around getting stuff out. I grabbed the "grab and run bags" that I have ready. we got out the flashlights and got the dog and cat ready. My houseguest was worried and scared. Then I reminded her that there would be NO TORNADO COMING OUR WAY, because I was living here and there are NO TORNADOS allowed if I LIVE HERE!

She did not believe me.

I sat down, the wind blew. The lights went out for about 30 seconds - twice. Then the wind blew bigger and stronger. It was very rainy for a long time. But NO TORNADO. Because I have decided that as long as I live here we will have NO TORNADO on the property. Just not going to happen.

She doesn't believe me.

WHAT?!? tch! KKHCH! Sheesh!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad no tornado came upon you...we have grab and go back packs ready too...had lots to put away today, but so glad no tornado hit us either...long night!

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Glad no tornado hit...and I'm with you! I think that tornado KNEW it wasn't welcome! Pbbbbft on your houseguest for NOT believing you! :plbb