Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the puppies! It is so hard when the little ones leave the nest isn't it?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Wow, LOTS of RAIN. And the daffodils are trying to bloom. It feels like spring these days. Warm and wet.

There are ants everywhere and the rats are back in the kitchen again. I thought we had gotten rid of the rats and ants, but now that the rain is so heavy they seem to be coming in to find dry places.

The goats are tired of the rain. Their field is a swampy mud pit.

My landlord moved another trailer in next door. RIGHT next door. Not 20 feet from my window. It's a recycled FEMA flood trailer. Oh boy... So much for privacy.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Mama is looking REALLY pregnant all of a sudden. So is Brownie. Mama is due February 28. Brownie is due in the middle of March. Either Brownie is having really big babies or triplets. Mama always gets big when she has big babies. I am hoping for some nice doeling from both of those two girls.

Looking to sell some of my other goats this month.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I've been looking in to going back to school. I investigated a teaching certification and Nursing. They seem to be the most available jobs right now.

Teaching requires a 4 year bachelors degree. As does an RN license.

University of Arkansas has a two year AA degree in "education" but that is only a basic AA degree and only allows for a person to work as a teachers aid. And I thought about an LPN license, but really I either want to be a real teacher or an RN. So, it looks like even though I already have a Bachelors degree, I will have to go back to school and get more credits.

Not sure which focus? Hmmm.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Queen Mum...you just don't strike me as the "go along" kind of person... with all the ridiculous politics in teaching these days, teachers are swamped with so much junk they don't get enough time to actually teach. Just a thought.

You as an RN...you strike me as such a caring person and a great caregiver.

..and you probably were not really asking for my 2 cents worth... ;)

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I second Southern's input. Teaching has become VERY political...and good, experienced teachers are all retiring if they can so they don't have to put up with it anymore! It's sad really. They teach to test scores...not for LEARNING anymore. (Some rare teachers still TEACH...but again, they're rare!)

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Hmmm. Good points! I really do like medicine. (Paramedic for a number of years.) Always wanted to be a doctor working in a foreign village somewhere. Maybe I could do it as an RN.

I taught overseas and loved teaching but it is far different than teaching here. Much more freedom to "do the right thing". Years as an educational advocate have made me a bit jaded about the education system. Still I love my kindies. (Kiindergarteners and first graders.) My favorite age group to teach.

Hmmmm. Food for thought.