Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I laid Casper on his back on my knees this evening. He has a very freckled tummy. Anyway, he laid there looking like a little spotted beach ball and fell asleep whilst I rubbed his little chest and tummy. The look of ecstasy on his little puppy countenance was priceless.

It is odd how much he has changed since he was born. He was pure white when born except for about three black spots on his back and tail and a little black nose. Now he is freckled everywhere like a dalmation and has a blue face and head, with black paw pads. He also has brown freckles on his legs and brown eye brows. The outsides of his ears are black with white hair covering them and the insides of his ears are pink with brown edges. He's really quite striking looking.

He is such a sweet quiet little fellow.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Sheesh where I come from, the place is very hilly and in some places mountainous and a silver thaw is positively treacherous. However, the biggest threat is from 4 wheel drivers thinking they "know how to handle it." and so they drive like nuts.
Try driving an average of 6,000 miles a month with fools like that on ice and snow covered mountain highways. Our delivery driver had to leave us. So I took over the run.

BTW: Great job with the pups.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
kstaven said:
Queen Mum said:
Sheesh where I come from, the place is very hilly and in some places mountainous and a silver thaw is positively treacherous. However, the biggest threat is from 4 wheel drivers thinking they "know how to handle it." and so they drive like nuts.
Try driving an average of 6,000 miles a month with fools like that on ice and snow covered mountain highways. Our delivery driver had to leave us. So I took over the run.

BTW: Great job with the pups.
Kstaven. I come from Washington State. I hear you. Those 4 wheelers drive me nuts. You want to drive right over the top of them. squish!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:
Hi Queen Mum...

Kids told Dh about your idea on the fort... He has invited you to come help! :lol:

Happy New Year! :hugs
Happy to do it! :D Can I bring my tools? It would be lots of fun! We could have a competition to see who builds the biggest and best fort! I'll do the 12th century fort and your husband can build the cowboy fort. We can split the kids into two teams. HA HA HA HA.

What fun.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
All the puppies now have homes! YAY! and here is the latest picture of Gooterbelle. She belongs to my house guest. Isn't she just cute!?! She looks like a little tiny pit bull terrier, but she is a bull terrier, not pit bull and part blue heeler. She is very sweet and energetic and funny as heck. We got her a stuffed chicken which she loves to play with along with her pacifier. She is also learning to chase a ball. She sleeps in a little basket. She and Bow play endlessly. It is great to watch them. Bow is very gentle with her and she chews on Bow mercilessly.

1156_i_am_too_cute.jpg

I really miss the other puppies, but I don't miss the endless puppy pads and the cost of food.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
BTW, Goat babies are due Feb 28 (Mama), March 13 (Brownie and Dot), March 21 (Jelly Bean) and April 8 (Polka). I am hoping that Perl missed the boat, but not sure. If she is pg, she would be due on May 13. I am REALLY hoping for a couple good does from Brownie and Mama and the rest will be sold including Perl.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
BTW, Goat babies are due Feb 28 (Mama), March 13 (Brownie and Dot), March 21 (Jelly Bean) and April 8 (Polka). I am hoping that Perl missed the boat, but not sure. If she is pg, she would be due on May 13. I am REALLY hoping for a couple good does from Brownie and Mama and the rest will be sold including Perl.
Can't wait for kidding.

Will you keep Mama's kids?

My goats are due Feb 10th and March 5th for Alana

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gooterbelle! :lol: she is cute!

I have 1 due in Feb. - Hopefully I won't absolutely love one of them... I can't keep any more goats. :/

Isn't Perl your naughty one?

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Southern, Perl is not naughty, she is funny and noisy. She is also very bossy. For such a little thing, she prances around like a queen goat. When the "babies" are out, she is always in the front of the line and if the other girls and boys try to be in front she turns around and butts them back into the proper order. What a queen!

I will sell as many as I can. I need dairy does not bucklings and minis. I would dearly love to add a Kiko to my herd to mix in some good genes. Right now, if Mama gives me does, and Brownie gives me does, those will be the keepers. '

Houdini is always a keeper, and my core herd is Mama, Brownie and Ian.