Queen Mum's Dancing in the Rain

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
QM- if a tornado could be swayed by force of personality, it wouldn't have a chance getting near you. :cool:

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I meant that as a compliment. Well behaved women rarely make history......

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Very BAD DAY on my farm. Angel guards my goats, my chickens and me. While the goats were out browsing, today she went into the turtle pen next to where the goats were eating on the property and tore up 4 piglets that are NOT mine. Apparently she saw them as intruders and a threat to the goats. It never occurred to me she would see them as a danger to the goats. STUPID STUPID, STUPID ME! It never occurred to me she would see them as a danger to the goats.

I should have introduced her and I FAILED her. I feel like a complete idiot and I am devastated that I had to put down a sweet tempered, wonderful dog because she was doing what she is supposed to do. But it isn't my property and they aren't my pigs and being on the property is a privilege.

I had to have her put down. She is too old to rehome (12) and the pigs owner was very upset and rightly so. He was willing to have me take her to a shelter, but she would have been euthanized there anyway so I took her to the vet and took care of it myself.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Very BAD DAY on my farm. Angel guards my goats, my chickens and me. While the goats were out browsing, today she went into the turtle pen next to where the goats were eating on the property and tore up 4 piglets that are NOT mine. Apparently she saw them as intruders and a threat to the goats. It never occurred to me she would see them as a danger to the goats. STUPID STUPID, STUPID ME! It never occurred to me she would see them as a danger to the goats.

I should have introduced her and I FAILED her. I feel like a complete idiot and I am devastated that I had to put down a sweet tempered, wonderful dog because she was doing what she is supposed to do. But it isn't my property and they aren't my pigs and being on the property is a privilege.

I had to have her put down. She is too old to rehome (12) and the pigs owner was very upset and rightly so. He was willing to have me take her to a shelter, but she would have been euthanized there anyway so I took her to the vet and took care of it myself.
So sorry you had to put your dog down especially since she was your LGD. :hugs

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I went in the pigpen after I had Angel put down and it looks like the pigs were lacerated from just running around the pen trying to get out. (The pen is walled with tin roofing.) The roofing is bent and lying on the ground in places and they tried to crawl under.) No dog bites on them that are fresh and the pigs are completely scratched up and tore up from the previous dog attack by the neighbor dog that killed one of the pigs 4 days ago and chewed up one of the others.

So it looks like Angel was just chasing them around and the cuts are from the tin. I was just sick about it. Either way the pigs are really hurt badly. So no excuses. But the lacerations are really bad. And the landowner doesn't want to do anything about it. I offered to take them to the vet to get the worst of it sewn up. He said no. I talked to the vet and he suggested that if the owner will allow it I can give them some pen G so they won't get infected.

I hope so. Those cuts are deep.

I am so sad, both for the loss of Angel and for those poor little piglets.